We have a part-time opening for a Finish Carpenters.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 5 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
People Ready is looking to hire Journeyman Finish Carpenters for a temporary project in Norfolk, VA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set up and operate a variety of woodworking machines and various hand tools to fabricate and repair wooden cabinets and high-grade furniture.
- Planes sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed.
- Matches materials for color, grain, or texture.
- Trims component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
- Glues, fits, and clamps parts and sub-assemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine.
- Sands and scrapes surfaces and joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing.
- Dip, brush, or spray assembled articles with protective or decorative materials such as stain, varnish, or paint.
- Repair furniture, equipment, and fixtures and be designated cabinetmaker, maintenance.
- Cut, shape, and assemble wooden parts to construct frames for refrigeration equipment and be designated refrigerator cabinetmaker.
- Studies blueprints and drawings of articles to be constructed and repaired.
- Marks outline or dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock, according to blueprint or drawing specifications.
- Sets up and operates woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointer, mortiser, tenoner, molder, and shaper, to cut and shape parts from wood.
- Bores holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine.
- Drives nails or other fasteners into joints at designated places to reinforce joints.
- Repair high-grade articles of furniture.
- Install hardware, such as hinges, catches, and drawer pulls
- Designated according to products made as piano-case maker.
- Must have previous cabinetmaking experience
- Must have 3-5 years experience as a finish Carpenter
Immediate hire for those who are qualified. Pay is set at $23.00 per hour. If you are interested please submit your resume. Thank you.