- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Every full or part-time Customer Service Associate is responsible for the proper and efficient operation of his or her shift, within company policy, in such a manner as to ensure that the shift contributes to the increased profitability of the store.
1. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe shift operating hours at all times, as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by the Store Manager
- Assists the Store Manager in seeing that the store maintains a store inspection grade of at least 85% on the store inspection report
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Adheres to all city, county and state liquor and tobacco regulations.
- Treats all customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Follows work schedule as posted unless a change in schedule is arranged in advance with Store Manager
- Stays familiar with the company Price Book, Employee Handbook, Operations Manual, and Bulletins.
- Ensures Store Manager is made aware of all sales, cash or operating discrepancies.
- Operates shift within company guidelines to achieve sales and profit.
- Ensures that all accidents involving both property damage and/or personal injury are properly logged and reported immediately to Store Manager or Office. Accidents involving property damage should be reported to the Office Manager; accidents involving employees should be reported immediately to the Director of Human Resources.
- Prepares shift change report at the completion of shift in accordance with company guidelines.
- Properly clocks in and out each shift, and notify the Store Manager of any time clock discrepancies.
- Notifies Store Manager of any discrepancies in the operating results on the shift report, and of all cash over or short in excess of $5, within 24 hours.
- Ensure proper sale and accounting for money orders during shift, as described in the Operations Manual.
- Ring all sales as described in the Operations Manual.
- Accurately post markups and markdowns, store use of merchandise, voids, and bad merchandise writeoffs, within established guidelines.
- Advise Store Manager of any personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operating performance.
- Treats co-workers with courtesy and respect and works as a team member.
- Reports to work according to Fast Lane’s dress standards as described in the Employee Handbook.
- Share the responsibility for controlling the inventory on the shift or in the store.
- Advise the Store Manager if the bank deposit is not made on a timely basis
- Follow company policies regarding excessive cash in the register, the change box and safe security, as directed by the Store Manager.
- Protect the company’s interests by refraining from discussing company assets, financial pricing and personnel information
- Follow correct vendor check-in procedure as defined in the Operations Manual and by the Store Manager.
- Advise the Store Manager immediately of any drive-offs, quick change artists, suspicious persons loitering inside or outside the store, or harassment or threats by customers, of any theft or fraudulent activity by any other employee; or of any actions/situations that pose a threat to any employee, the store, cash, inventory or other assets.
- Follows all proper safety/security procedures as stated in the Operations Manual or as directed by the Store Manager.
- Keep coolers, drink boxes, store shelves and displays fully-stocked and fronted at all times.
- Properly clean and maintain equipment and ready high-margin products as directed by the Area Manager
- Use correct pricing as listed in the price book for all merchandise
- Use plus-selling techniques as directed by the Area Manager and Retail Operations Director
2. Job Requirements:
These factors constitute “essential functions” of the job.
- Be able to read, understand and write the English language at the eighth-grade level.
- Be able to speak and understand English, including the ability to hear the spoken word.
- Be able to perform arithmetic calculations at the eight-grade level, in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, analyze sales and promotion information, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process money orders
- Be able to read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, beer and juice containers, etc., at least once per shift.
- Be able to stock shelves and coolers.
- Be able to react to a fire by lifting a 25-pound fire extinguisher and using it to properly extinguish the fire.
- Be able to bend down and pull up a 20-pound metal plate and use the tanker truck nozzle and measuring stick 14-feet long for the underground storage tank.
- Be able to tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products.
- Be able to climb a ladder to clean windows.
- Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves and lift and carry out trash containers to place in an outside bin/dumpster.
- Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the store.
- Be able to enter a 33-degree cooler and work there for up to 30 minutes at a time
- Be able to attend all required meetings and training sessions.
3. Essential Skills
- Problem Solving
- Human Relations
- Customer Service
This list of Requirements, Duties and Responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive, but is rather the most accurate list for the current job at the time of publication. Management reserves the right to revise this job description and to require that other tasks be performed when circumstances of the job change, or when extraordinary situations arise, including but not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, changes in workload or technical developments.