Back of House Crew - New Restaurant Opening!
AliMax Enterprises, LLC is excited to be opening our third McAlister's Deli & Catering in the Northern Virginia Region. We are scheduled to open late-July, in the University Mall Shopping Center, next to George Mason University. We have openings for our back of the house team (line cooks/sandwich artisans). This fast-casual dining restaurant is known for it’s high-level of customer service and southern hospitality. Our fresh, wide-variety menu is family-friendly with healthy options for everyone. Please visit www.McAlistersdeli.com to learn more about us!
Orientation and training begin Friday, July 14th and lead up to the grand opening. This could be a great opportunity for college students, or someone with another restaurant position!! Must be at least 18 years old and have at least one year of restaurant experience with basic kitchen stills and knowledge. Hours will vary between 20-25 per week, more if you are available. Team members are trained on each of the three stations and prep-work. Our menu consists of salads, spuds and hearty sandwiches.
General Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all AliMax Enterprises, LLC policies, procedures, and practices. *Uniform policy begins upon arriving in the parking lot.
- Greet and interact with all guests in a friendly manner.
- Maintain complete knowledge of menu items, ingredients, and all menu promotions.
- Maintain expected standard of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the kitchen.
- Perform all opening, closing, and maintaining duties to ensure total cleanliness and a smooth operation. This includes but is not limited to: sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and/or sanitizing areas of the kitchen, cleaning restrooms, and the removal of all trash and garbage to the dumpster.
- Prepare all items using standing recipes, measurements, and procedures.
- All other duties as directed by members of management.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Ability to learn and use a KDS (Kitchen Display System).
- Ability to learn and use all equipment necessary to perform specific job requirements.
- Ability to work within all physical requirements of the position which include but are not limited to: walking and standing during an entire shift, reaching, bending, carrying, stooping, wiping, lifting and emptying trashcans, ability to climb ladders, and ability to move or handle up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge and practice of all safety expectations throughout the restaurant.
- All positions may come in contact with a variety of foods which could include: peanut oils, seafood (tuna), nuts, and dairy.
- All positions may have frequent contact/immersion of hands with water, sanitation solutions, and cleaning products.
Ability to effectively verbally communicate and read product labels, menus, and order tickets in English. We do have training materials in English and Spanish.
*Hazards include but are not limited to, cuts from knives, slipping, tripping, falling, and burns.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Our restaurants are open seven days a week. Due to the nature of our business, hours may change each week. Our concept is customer driven and centered, with the expectation that all hourly team members will provide exceptional customer service on a daily basis. The position requires the ability to sell, serve, and/or prepare our products in a professional manner while maintaining AliMax Enterprises high standards of product, cleanliness, and sanitation.
*Minimum age requirement of 16 years of age for all positions, excluding kitchen prep position. *Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age for kitchen prep position due to the use of Hobart Slicers and Food Processors (OSHA requirements).
AliMax Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and/or national origin.