Part- Time Nurse
The PART-TIME Nurse is available during agency on-call hours to provide and direct nursing care and implement the medical plan of treatment that is prescribed by a licensed physician.
The scope of nursing practice will include assessment, diagnosing and treating the human response to actual or potential physical or emotional health problems.
This practice will be implemented through both supportive and restoration care.
This care is delivered within the guidelines, standards and policies of the agency
Reports To: Director of Nursing
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
* RN in good standing, holding a current license in New Jersey.
* One year of professional experience as a Registered Nurse. The experience must be in the United States or its' possessions
* At least 2 years experience in home care nursing
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Maintains standards of Nursing care and implements the policies and procedures established by the agency.
2. Competently assess and documents the clients biophysical, psychosocial and educational needs.
3. Interprets to the client and family implications of the client's health status.
4. Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with other members of the health care team and staff of the agency.
5. Consistently reports appropriate changes in the client's condition to the Director of Nursing.
6. Consistently adheres to and understands universal precautions, aseptic technique and infection control guidelines.
7. Consistently implements care in a manner that is maximally safe for the client, his/her family and self.
8. Consistently seeks, accepts and implements suggestions to improve performance.
9. Demonstrates respect for the opinion of others
10. Consistently assumes and follows through on the responsibility for assignment.
11. Demonstrates the ability to function effectively under stressful situations.
12. Maintains confidentiality of client assessments and records.
13. Utilizes time effectively, maintaining a consistent level of productivity.
14. Identifies and uses appropriate resources.
15. Coordinates scheduling of clients multidisciplinary appointments and therapies.
16. Consistently submits time card and patient records completed in an appropriate timely manner
17. Consistently maintains an adequate level of supplies and equipment in working order in conjunction with suppliers and family.
18. Demonstrates sound judgment and clinical knowledge in planning and decision making.
19. Consistently complies with standards for attendance, absence notification and punctuality.
20. Consistently demonstrates professionalism through appearance, performance and communication.
21. Assumes responsibility for reading and comprehending all posted notices, communications and policies/procedures,
22. Demonstrates competencies to provide care to patients of all ages
23. Respects the rights, privacy and property of others at all times
24. Assumes responsibility to participate in quality improvement activities as directed
25. Consistently plans and implements supportive and restorative care
26. Consistently coordinates community and social services to meet the needs of the client and caregiver/family
28. Attendance at Continuing Education Programs per Agency Policy
30. Availability via telephone and to provide home visits, if necessary during agency On-Call hours
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.