Cashier / Sales Associate
Express Mart Convenience Stores, a leading convenience retailer in New York State, is seeking Sales Associates / Cashiers for all shifts in our world class convenience store located at 56 Hamburg St. E. Aurora NY 14052.
Express Mart is a chain of convenience stores that is wholly owned and operated by Petr-All Petroleum Corporation. Petr-All Petroleum is a wholesale supply and distribution company of gasoline and diesel fuel. Express Mart was created as a way to better serve our guests by not just offering gasoline but, all convenience needs. Since then, Express Mart has grown to over 70 retail outlets throughout Upstate New York as well as several franchise locations.
We are a hard-working, growing team of dedicated and talented people. We love what we do for a living. At Express Mart, we find joy in helping others. We set goals, have fun and serve our guests with a smile. We believe in dedication, education, empowerment and passion. Our sales associates are responsible for delivering world-class guest experiences.
SALES ASSOCIATE DUTIES:
- Provide world-class guest service
- Treat every individual who comes into the store as a guest
- Practice the Express Mart Credos on a daily basis
- Accountability for cash
- Cleaning, dusting, mopping, sweeping
- Restocking merchandise
- Checking in vendors
- Adhering to all Express Mart policies and procedures on sales of age restricted items
- Adhering to Express Mart dress code policies
- Suggestively selling products to our guests
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- High school diploma or GED required or prior retail experience.
- Ability to work scheduled shifts (holidays & weekends).
- Ability to stand for long periods of time servicing customers.
- Ability to read, speak and communicate the English language.
- Ability to count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate & use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing between 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Tasks are performed inside the store and outside in all areas of the facility. Including exposure to cold while working in the cooler and on the exterior of the building maintaining the parking lot and all surrounding areas with in the parking lot.
- Starting pay dependent upon experience. Express Mart offers competitive wages.
- Medical and Dental Insurance / 401k
- Paid Time Off / Holiday Pay
- Employee Meal Discounts
- Bonus potential
- Advancement potential
- Direct Deposit
- Scholarship competition
If interested in joining a winning team, please visit: www.expressmart.com.
EOE: Drug Free Workplace
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old