Housekeeping & Front Desk Positions Available
Guest Service Representative
This job has a flexible work schedule including days, nights, and weekends and works at the front desk- providing a high level of guest’s service, taking phone reservations, guest check-in & check-out, greeting visitors, and vendors, and assisting with cleaning duties as needed. Guest Service Reps also perform various guest services, taking and posting payments, responding to guest service requests, helping the GM to market and sell in our service area, making keys, etc. Their shift will vary based upon business need.
Guest Service Reps need to be sales minded individuals who enjoy meeting and greeting potential guests. Most visitors to our property know little about Woodspring Suites concept of extended stay hotels. These employees give tours, make phone calls to local businesses, host open houses and perform other direct marketing activities under the direction of the General Manager. They need to be outgoing, friendly, people who like to "sell." They should have cash drawer experience.
We employ multiple GSRs at each property with flexible schedules to meet the needs of our guests and the property. The GSR work schedules can vary from a single four hour shift to 25 hours per week, some only work weekends. We are open from 7AM until 10PM Monday-Friday, 8AM to 8PM Saturday & Sunday. If you are able to work these hours have some availability to work during these time periods, and meet the criteria noted above you could be an excellent candidate for this role.
Specific Duties include
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Issue room keys and information, directions and instruction to guests and visitors
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as making cash depots, running reports, posting payments to guest folios
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary
Strong Candidates will have:
- Customer Service Experience
- Cashier Experience
- Sales Experience
- Clerical/Administrative Experience
- Hotel/Retail/Restaurant Training
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Housekeepers work a flexible work schedule 4-6 days per week. They perform a wide variety of cleaning tasks in the hotel, cleaning both guest rooms and public spaces, and at times performing the duties of Hotel Custodian or Night Guest Safety Representative. Their work shift varies by day and week and depends upon which job they perform:
- Check-Out Cleans: this is deep cleaning when a guest checks out. Typically it takes 60-90 minutes to prep, clean, and reset a room to be rent ready
- Stay-Over Cleans: this is the service Housekeepers perform in hotels while the guest continues to stay with us. .
- Public Spaces Cleans: cleaning hallways, lobby, stairwells
Specific Duties include:
•Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
•Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides
•Clean rooms, hallways, lobby, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, so that health standards are met.
•Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
•Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to general manager
•Replenish room supplies, (toilet paper, soap, trash liners etc.)
•Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
•Dust and polish furniture and equipment, keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
•Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary
These jobs require the employee to be able to lift up to 50 lbs., stand, bend and kneel. The work pace is steady; the work schedule is flexible to meet the employee’s needs. These employees love to “make it shine”, they take pride in doing a good job, are careful to follow directions, check lists and process. They get along with others and like working on a team. In general CLEAN is a passion they have and take pride in delivering an exceptionally clean room.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Quality Inspection process
- Rent Ready Inspection Experience
- Hazardous Waste Certification
- Hotel/Apartment/Cleaning Experience