Soy Plant Operator
Zeeland Farm Services, Inc., a diversified, family-owned, agribusiness, currently has an opening for a soy plant operator. We operate Michigan’s only soybean processing facility to produce food grade vegetable oil and feed grade soybean meal and other co-products. ZFS is in the midst of a period of sustained growth and the soy plant is a vital part of our operation. The soy plant operator plays an important role in monitoring and operating the soy processing equipment and assures quality by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Monitor process temperatures, pressures, material flows and levels to evaluate process operations.
- Monitor process results and make the necessary physical adjustments to meet desired operating parameters.
- Take the necessary steps to correct operations when running outside of the desired parameters.
- Notify plant manager/supervisor of operational or equipment problems.
- Follow all procedures and policies to meet the requirements of non-GMO certification.
- Maintain logs of instrument readings observed during hourly rounds.
- Take samples, analyze for product quality and record resulting test data.
- Observe all plant and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related tasks as may be assigned.
Supporting a drug free workplace
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.”
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.