DISH is transforming the entertainment industry. The challenges are exciting, the atmosphere is high engery and the growth opportunities are endless. We compete to win, need to achieve and look for others who feel the same way.
• Founded in 1980
• Publicly traded Fortune 250 Company (ticker symbol DISH)
• Corporate headquarters located in Denver, CO.
• 20,000 employees in the U.S.
• Provides satellite TV to approximately 14 million subscribers
• Most award winning technology on the market
DISH supports more than 150 DISH In-Home Services (IHS) offices that deliver DISH products and services to customers across the country. The IHS organization encompasses thousands of talented and dedicated employees who serve in roles including Technicians, Resource Planners, Analysts, Training and Quality Assurance Reps and Management to deliver the industry's best products and services.
At DISH we invest in our Commercial Satellite TV Installers/Technicians. We provide classroom and on-the-job training as well as a van, tools and uniforms. Our Satellite TV Installers/Technicians are responsible for multiple customer visits daily which could include completing site surveys, installing satellite equipment, ensuring a quality broadband internet connection and educating our customers on their award winning DISH Satellite TV services.
A successful Satellite TV Installer/Technician will have the following:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Strong knowledge of satellite/television installation services preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MDU, commercial and/or residential design and applications.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on a ladder, lift over 70 lbs at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates and remain within the individual weight requirement of 275 lbs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Reviews installation specifications, building permit, manufacturer's instructions, and government ordinances to determine installation site.
- Selects, orients and installs off air broadcast uhf/vhf antenna.
- Visually inspects installation site to identify obstructions, such as trees or buildings, that could distort or block signals from satellite.
- Performs off air broadcast network signal strength test, per guidelines.
- Tests installed system for conformance to specifications. Instructs customer in use of equipment and ensures that documentation is effectively completed and submitted, as appropriate. Replaces or repairs defective parts.
- Accurately maintains van inventory and coordinates van maintenance schedules, to ensure vehicle is kept in good repair.
- Promotes and demonstrates departmental standards in performing responsibilities.
- Adheres to and ensures staff is compliant with safety guidelines and requirements. Other duties as required.
- This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.