Area Maintenance Technician
Area Maintenance Technician
Company: Motel 6/Studio 6
We are hiring a multi-unit Area Maintenance Technician to lead several of our iconic Motel 6 or Studio 6 locations. We are seeking a service oriented maintenance professional with a “can-do” attitude. This individual is responsible for skilled property maintenance and assisting with implementing the Preventive Maintenance Program at multiple properties. In addition to technical abilities, the right candidate will demonstrate a Heart for Service and strengthen our brand reputation within the community.
This is an immediate full-time, hands-on position for skilled maintenance, construction, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, masonry, mechanical and electrical work that offers advancement opportunities, competitive wage and benefits, as well as most weekends off.
If you want to apply your technical abilities in a dynamic work environment while maintaining a Heart for Service this is the role for you.
What You Will Be Doing
- Demonstrate a Service Mindset: Collaborate with location General Managers to provide a positive guest experience by a consistent execution of the maintenance program
- Hands on skilled maintenance, construction, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, masonry, mechanical and electrical work.
- Work Load:
- Assist in the development of Property Maintenance Person technical skills.
- Collaborate with General Managers to utilize Preventive Maintenance best practices to have a positive impact on guest experience.
- Assist in executing the preventive maintenance program for all property equipment and assets.
- Complete and submit weekly reports relating to weekly activity, preventive maintenance surveys, down rooms, and reimbursable expenses.
- Assist in compiling information to develop the capital budgets for assigned properties, solicitation of bids and oversight of minor capital repair/renovation projects requiring outside contractors, and developing property-specific "preferred vendor" lists.
- Assist in interviewing job candidates and training new property maintenance personnel on the preventive maintenance; property, rooms and equipment repair; and utilizing various maintenance reports
- Safeguard all Motel 6 / Studio 6 Assets: Regularly evaluate multiple properties and recommend or perform repairs in order to comply with semi-annual LRA audits. Adhere to and comply with all company policies, practices, procedures and guidelines as outlined in the Safety and Security Manual
- Travel to assigned properties
- Other duties: as assigned by Regional Facility Manager
What We Are Looking For
- Basic computer proficiency, including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Good communication skills
- Intermediate skill in using a variety of trade tools, including both hand and power tools
- Intermediate skill in maintenance, construction, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, masonry, mechanical and electrical work.
- Ability to travel extensively, up to 50% of the time to access and visually oversee all areas of the properties and ensure Team Member’s proper performance of duties and overnight stays
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- The following requirements may change depending on the individual property and according to the confines of the workspace available for any required task:
- Simple and firm grasping is required for all tasks. There may be some tasks requiring fine manipulation skills
- Pushing and pulling are required up to 100 pounds
- Lifting and carrying items up to approximately 60 pounds at waist height
- Approximately 70 – 80% of normal workday is spent standing or walking for long periods of time.
- The remainder is spent sitting, kneeling, or in other positions as needed to accomplish required tasks
- Climbing stairs approximately 10% of the time
- Working from ladders at heights up to 30 feet for extended periods of time, with the ability to extend arms overhead
- Crawling may be required up to 10% of the time, including working in confined spaces and awkward positions
Click apply or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org .