|Company||Michaels Arts & Crafts|
|Job Title||Department Managers|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Wages||To be discussed|
11135 W National Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53227
Michaels is always accepting applications for Department Managers!
A Michaels Department Manager is enthusiastic and passionate about Creativity, People, and Arts and Crafts. This position performs all office functions including recording, processing, verifying and maintaining records of financial transactions for the store as well as performing and/or supervising the receiving and price change functions.
This position serves as Manager On Duty (MOD) coverage for days and weekends and carries a perimeter and POS management key. The Department Manager will share primary administrative support responsibilities with a part-time Support Specialist. On days the Support Specialist is scheduled, the Department Manager’s primary focus is on driving the overall operational excellence of the store and MOD activities.
**PLEASE NOTE: This location may or may not be hiring at this time. Michaels Stores posts store-level hourly positions year round to ensure that they are able to quickly identify and select the most qualified applicant(s) once a position becomes available. If you apply for this position and it is not open at this time, Michaels Stores will maintain your application in their files for consideration as opportunities arise. Due to the large volume of applications a representative from Michaels Stores will contact you only if they are interested in pursuing you as an applicant.
Job Requirements include:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- High School education or equivalent with at least 2 years’ experience in retail with Michaels or another retail organization.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently manage the store when Manager On Duty.
- Must understand and have a working knowledge of cash and POS management, refunds and voids, shrinkage and margin control, security and loss prevention procedures.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to communicate in a professional manner with district management, store management, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be able to work with minimum of supervision.
- Requires the physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Share your passion and enthusiasm for all things creative. Let's make Michaels an exciting, World Class destination - a cultural center where inspiration happens every day!
Click “Apply Now” for this exciting opportunity today!
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old