Sandwich Shop Full Time
Want a job you’ll LOVE?
Our Sub Shop serves made-to-order submarines and wraps using delicious ingredients and freshly baked bread. In this area, you’ll work with a team to deliver incredible service and prepare fresh, great tasting meal solutions for our customers. If you have a passion for food and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, then this could be the role for you!
Looking for Career Growth? Watch our video!
How do I make a difference?
Providing Incredible, Knowledge Based Customer Service
- Proactively approach customers, prepare orders as requested and answer any questions they have about products or programs offered
- Balance a variety of tasks at one time, being attentive to customers while preparing orders, ensuring supply levels are maintained and keeping an eye on products in the oven
- Complete all tasks in the department including preparing subs and wraps for customers; baking bread and cookies; slicing meats, cheeses, and vegetables; cooking meatballs and chicken strips; washing dishes, etc.
- Follow Wegmans core recipes and department job aides when preparing all products in the department to ensure a consistent outcome in line with Wegmans standards of quality
- Properly handle products, use equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines and Simplification 5S procedures
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
Ensuring High Quality Products & Ingredients
Living Who We Are
Seeking Candidates Who…
Live our values: caring, respect, empowerment, making a difference, high standards
Possess teamwork & diversity awareness
Seek continuous learning opportunities
Provide incredible customer service
Ensure food & human safety
Possess organizational skills
Provide knowledge based service
Educate self and others about product knowledge
Use and explain Wegmans cooking techniques
Possess culinary knife skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
Food preparation experience
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and produce quality products with speed and accuracy
Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching and lifting
Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 5 – 15 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely
May be exposed to various allergens and work environments, including temperature changes
Will spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hour
* Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed