Lead Barista (Starbucks Honolulu Airport)
Master valuable skills. Assume greater responsibility. And experience career satisfaction with HMSHost, which is part of Autogrill S.p.A., the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Recognized as industry leaders, we create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. With 37,000 associates and annual revenues of more than $2.8 billion, we use our experience and global reach to offer travelers an unparalleled blend of local, regional, and international brands.
HMSHost will provide you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as a professional at our many branded restaurants. Explore our various hourly and management positions in the U.S. and Canada or our corporate openings in Bethesda, Maryland.
Location: Honolulu Airport F&B
Unit Name: Interisland Terminal Starbucks
Unit Code: HNLSTA03
Hourly Rate (if applicable): $12.52/hour
Starting Pay: $12.52/hour with annual raises.
Must have previous Barista Experience and be able to train new hires.
The Lead for the company's food and beverage locations will accurately and efficiently processes customer orders; assists the Food and Beverage Manager or Supervisor in supervising associates; maintains a friendly, efficient, and appealing environment for associates and customers; and assists in the day-to-day operations of the stores. Responsibilities also include welcoming all customers with a smile and friendly greeting; encouraging, through leadership and example, the highest level of sales and customer service performance by other associates; and assisting associates to maximize sales and customer service through coaching, counseling and mentoring; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position which reports to the Assistant Manager, Store Manager or General Manager, depending on local requirements.
- Accurately and efficiently processes orders while following recipes and or product directions
- Assists the Manager or Supervisor in supervising associates; maintaining a friendly, efficient, and appealing environment for associates and customers
- Develops a solid knowledge of product and services available in unit
- Operates cash register and receives payment from customer in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required while following all the company's customer service and cash handling policies and procedures
- Assists in locating, reconciling, and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operates equipment with peripheral electronic data processing
- Cleans and sanitizes work station and equipment
- Receives inventory, moves and lifts food and beverage products and supplies; transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or cart
- Ensures proper portion control in the preparation of food and proper food handling procedures are followed including wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating and checking temperature of products
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a High School diploma or the equivalent (GED)
- Requires a minimum of 6 months cash handling and customer service experience
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
HMSHOST OFFERS THE LEADING
BENEFITS YOUR SKILLS DESERVE.
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for health and daycare expenses
- Medical, dental and life insurance for family members
- Paid vacation
- Credit union membership
- Discounts on vision wear
10 REASONS TO CONSIDER JOINING HMSHOST:
- Competitive Pay
- Emphasis on customer service and teamwork
- Clean, safe friendly work atmosphere
- Employee meal discounts
- Opportunities for professional growth/advancement
- Detailed training
- Stable company and a positive reputation in the community
- Diverse customers and co-workers
- We believe in recognizing, rewarding and taking care of our associates
If you are disabled and require a reasonable accommodation to submit your application, contact the HR department of the location where you wish to apply.
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law in terms or conditions of employment, programs, or activities. Individuals with questions regarding this policy are encouraged to contact Human Resources.
*401(k) retirement savings plan
*Employee and family members comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision care, long term disability, short term disability, and life insurance
*Flexible spending account for health expenses
*Credit union membership
HMSHost benefits vary by location and some associates may not be eligible for certain benefits. Associates covered by a collective bargaining agreement may be eligible for different benefits. HMSHost reserves the right to amend and/or terminate a benefit plan at any time.