Retail Store Merchandise Manager/Specialist
Job Summary: The Merchandise Manager/Specialist plays the critical role of ensuring that the store’s merchandise presentation and inventory management achieve company standards. This role serves as a member of the store’s leadership team and is responsible for the store’s overall operation. The Merchandise Manager/Specialist will be involved in delivering company standards related to product presentation and customer service expectations. As a leader and coach, this role will direct and motivate the store’s team members to deliver top results.
The Manager/Specialist designation is determined by the complexity of the individual store.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Responsible for the coordination and execution of store merchandise and presentation standards, including;
- Merchandise store to company Plan-O-Gram direction
- Coordinate store signage and pricing (labels)
- Direct store freight flow and receiving processes/procedures
- Coordinate stockroom organization, including EOS packaway
- Performa top stock management for inventory replenishment
- Address sales floor inventory levels through cycle counts
- Coordinate merchandise transfers, damages/RTVs/Recalls
- Merchandise instore merchandising to address NOP and maximize presentation
Serve as a member of the store’s leadership team and perform general operations responsibilities, including;
- Store opening and closing procedures; performs director on duty (DOD) responsibilities as required
- Scheduling of store staff to maximize productivity
- Ensure accuracy of Associate time records
- Recruiting and interviewing perspective store Associates
- Lead new hire onboarding and ongoing associate training and development activities
- Guide Associate performance including performance feedback, coaching and appraisals
- Support the operation of the store’s front end including authorizes register functions (post voids, returns and associate discounts POS overrides/returns,) queue management and balloon execution
- Coordinate completion of company directed operations tasks (app task sign off)
- General supervisory and administrative duties
- Responsible for cash handling procedures including but not limited to preparing and dropping bank deposits
- Performs store maintenance including but not limited to taking out garbage, sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, maintaining stock room etc.
Role models customer service expectations through personal contact with customers
Reviews and understands financial data to support driving profitable sales and decision making
Adheres to all standard operating procedures, policies and Best Methods and ensures store compliance to audit/safety standards
The Merchandise Manager/Specialist reports to the store’s General Manager.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- Lift, push, and pull 25 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, bending and stooping
- Climb ladders
- Standing for long periods throughout schedule day
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 1 – 3 years of prior supervisory experience in retail preferred
- For Specialist, 1 – 3 years of prior supervisory experience in retail preferred
- For Manager, Minimum 3-5 years of management experience in retail preferred
- Previous experience with merchandising or inventory management preferred