Culinary Team Member - Dishwasher
All positions at Lucky's Market are required to execute their daily job responsibilities in addition to focusing on sales and customer service. It is the expectation of each employee to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be a team player.
The Culinary Dishwasher Team Member is responsible for keeping all culinary cases stocked with utensils and dish equipment, clear trash and clean during business hours. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energet ic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Culinary Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures cleanliness of Deli, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
- Stocks Deli; including all dishware, utensils and keeps areas well maintained
- Regularly clears trash bins and clears floor of debris.
- Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Assists in preparing various culinary items; includes using the appropriate ingredients and proper technique for product being made.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be able to lead, support, and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations.
- Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
- Must have skills working with all Deli equipment such as grinders, steamers, espresso machines and brewers.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
- Ability to enter the cold case, cooler, and freezer thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Will perform repetitive hand and arm motions daily such as scooping and pouring.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to desc ribe the general nature of the job.