The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the daily administration and operation of the warehouse which includes, but is limited to overseeing that materials are received, stored, shipped and reported in accordance with established procedures and supervising warehouse staff.
- Administer and oversee the daily operation of the warehouse including processing, packaging and storage of supplies, materials and equipment. Ensure overtime is maintained within budget allotted.
- Oversee receipt, storage and shipment of materials and related reporting in accordance with established procedures. Ensure the accuracy of the inventory.
- Account for all materials and supplies in the stores facilities. Audit goods received into warehouse.
- Coach and mentor team members in the areas of productivity, quality, safety and Medline Core Values.
- Ensure all routine paperwork is completed on time and are filled out accurately.
- Assist the warehouse manager in maintaining a safe work environment for all team members.
- Lead day-to-day activities of employees. Assign, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work, directs efforts and provides technical guidance on more complex issues. Provide input into hiring, firing and performance reviews.
- Work with customer service to resolve warehouse related issues.
- High School Diploma required; AS/BS Degree preferred
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 3 years of Warehouse or Distribution leadership experience in a high-speed, automated packaged-goods manufacturing environment.
- Record of success in maintaining high levels of Quality and Productivity in a fast-paced, Continuous Improvement-oriented culture.
- Leadership skills in coaching and training your staff in manufacturing operations, maintaining quality standards, and producing results with Continuous Improvement tools, and
- Initiative in problem-solving through collaboration with other facility departments.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Readily interface with computers and ERP systems as well as MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work a 4 day/night schedule and off for 4 days/nights.
- Willing to work weekends.