Break Time Sales Associate
At Break Time, we believe it only takes a moment to make our customers’ days better. We’re looking for friendly, genuine people to join our team and show customers that not all convenience stores are the same.
A Sales Associate provides fast, friendly service to all Break Time customers; performs operational duties necessary to keep the Break Time store clean and well merchandised; and follows all company policies and procedures to ensure proper and efficient operation of his or her shift. Sales associates hired at this location must be 21 years of age or older to dispense beer for the Growler beer program.
We offer competitive wages, pay raises after 90 days, flexible schedules, friendly work environments, free drinks while on duty and much more! If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, apply today!
Break Time is a service of MFA Oil Company and is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
- Consistently and courteously greet and thank each customer and provide fast and friendly customer service.
- Promote sales through use of suggestive selling techniques as instructed by store manager.
- Conduct efficient and accurate sales transactions; notify store manager of any sales, cash or operating discrepancies; generate accurate and legible shift reports.
- Dispense beer from a tap for growler alcohol sales.
- Consistent and timely inspection of growler related products for correct temperatures, cleanliness, and portioning.
- Handle complaints courteously and efficiently according to company policy.
- Maintain a clean environment, using company guidelines. Always clean when time allows.
- Maintain internal and external store appearance to comply with Break Time standards.
- Know and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Utilize and perform all duties on the company checklists to meet consistent adherence to policies, procedures and expectations.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties, and store operations.
- Follow posted work schedule, and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
- Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep management informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
- Perform all necessary merchandising duties according to company policy and procedure; including, but not limited to proper pricing, knowledge and implementation of promotions and sales, suggestive selling, proper vendor check in, stocking merchandise, including the cooler, and keeping all merchandise clean, fronted and faced.
- Assist in the proper training of new employees as needed.
- Attend and participate in all required training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations in order to make change, complete shift reports and account for numbers of products during vendor check in.
- Ability to accurately and quickly operate specific cash register in assigned store.
- Lift, reach, stoop and or bend to retrieve products and supplies from shelves, under counters or stacks of inventory weighing up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language in order to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Pushes a broom and/or a mop when cleaning. Must also do reaching, bending, scrubbing, etc. when performing other cleaning duties.
- Climb step ladder for cleaning purposes and for retrieving items.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work at a fast pace.
- Ability to work weekends and Holidays.
- Must be able to withstand temperatures as low as 31 degrees Fahrenheit for periods of time up to an hour, for purposes of stocking the cooler and temperatures as low as 0 degrees for a period of up to 10 minutes when stocking the freezer.
- No felony convictions to comply with Lottery sales regulations
- Good verbal communication skills
- Sales abilities
- Enthusiastic Personality
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old