Break Time Food Service Associate
At Break Time, we believe it only takes a moment to make our customers’ days better. We’re looking for friendly, genuine people to join our team and show customers that not all convenience stores are the same.
A Break Time Food Service Associate provides fast, friendly service to all Break Time food service customers, while following high standards for food preparation, cleanliness and all company policies and procedures to ensure proper and efficient operation of his or her shift.
We offer competitive wages, pay raises after 90 days, flexible schedules, friendly work environments, free drinks while on duty and much more! If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, apply today!
Break Time is a service of MFA Oil Company and is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer
- Consistently and courteously greet and thank each customer and provide fast and friendly customer service.
- Promote sales through use of suggestive selling techniques as instructed by the Food Service Manager.
- Handle complaints courteously and efficiently according to company policy.
- Follow guidelines, recipes and wall charts for proper preparation and execution of all food service programs.
- Follow guidelines for proper product display, rotation and storage.
- Follow standards for quality, service, cleanliness and food safety.
- Properly clean and maintain equipment, dishes and food service area.
- Consistent and timely inspection of products for correct time and temperatures, cleanliness, rotation, portioning and pricing.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment using company guidelines. Always clean when time allows.
- Know and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Utilize and perform all duties on the checklists to meet consistent adherence to company policies, procedures and expectations.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties and store operations.
- Follow posted work schedule and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
- Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep management informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
- Assist in the proper training of new food service associates as needed.
- Attend and participate in all required training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Obtain adequate food safety training (food handlers card or equivalent) and any other required certification.
- Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
- Lift, reach, stoop and or bend to retrieve products and supplies from shelves, under counters or stacks of inventory weighing up to 50lbs.
- Push a broom, and/or mop when cleaning. Must also be able to reach, bend, scrub, etc. when performing cleaning duties.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language in order to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Climb a step ladder for cleaning purposes and for retrieving items.
- No felony convictions due to adherence to Lottery sales regulations.
- Ability to work weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to withstand temperatures as low as 31 degrees Fahrenheit for periods of time, up to an hour, for purposes of stocking the walk in cooler and freezer.
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Sales abilities.
- Enthusiastic Personality
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old