Break Time Food Service Manager
At Break Time, we believe it only takes a moment to make our customers’ days better. We’re looking for friendly, genuine people to join our team and show customers that not all convenience stores are the same.
The Food Service Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of food service programs, which include but are not limited to sales profitability, expense control, waste control, inventory, labor control, and customer service. Food service programs include fountain beverage, frozen beverage, tea, coffee/cappuccino, donuts, roller grill, hot prepared food, soup, popcorn, and others as defined.
We offer competitive wages, pay raises after 90 days, flexible schedules, friendly work environments, free drinks while on duty and much more! If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, apply today!
Break Time is a service of MFA Oil Company and is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer
- Consistently and courteously greet and thank each customer and provide fast and friendly customer service.
- Promote sales through use of suggestive selling techniques as instructed by the supervisor.
- Handle complaints courteously and efficiently according to company policy.
- Follow guidelines, recipes and wall charts for proper preparation and execution of all food service programs.
- Follow guidelines for proper product display, rotation and storage.
- Follow standards for quality, service, cleanliness and food safety.
- Consistent and timely inspection of products for correct time and temperatures, cleanliness, rotation, portioning and pricing.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment using company guidelines. Always clean when time allows.
- Know, adhere and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Utilize and perform all duties on the checklists to meet consistent adherence to company policies, procedures and expectations.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal regulations concerning all facets of job responsibilities and duties and store operations.
- Follow posted work schedule and adhere to proper clocking procedures to accurately reflect hours worked.
- Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers. Keep management informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention.
- Attend and participate in all required training.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Food Service programs, responsibilities include profitability and expense control.
- Ensure proper usage of sales, waste, and build-to sheets. Maintain electronic records of sales and waste for all food service programs.
- Maintain weekly labor schedules to properly execute food service programs and stay within the allocated labor budget.
- Supervise and train employees on prep and execution of all food service programs
- Recommend to the Store Manager any employee actions, i.e. counseling, performance review or termination.
- Order authorized product from approved sources.
- Ensure product is properly received, rotated and stored in its proper place.
- Maintain food service inventory levels appropriate for sales.
- Ensure that all employees obtain adequate food safety training (food handler’s card or equivalent).
- Enforce quality, service, cleanliness and food safety standards.
- Ensure equipment and food service area are properly cleaned and maintained.
- Develop and maintain duty checklists to address the food service needs for each shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous food service experience preferred.
- Obtain adequate food safety training (food handlers card or equivalent) and any other required certification.
- Must be ServSafe certified or able to complete the course and pass test.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and percentages to practical situations.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, sales associates, and management in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to stand 100% of the time during work shift.
- Lift, reach, stoop and or bend to retrieve products and supplies from shelves, under counters or stacks of inventory weighing up to 50lbs.
- Push a broom, and/or mop when cleaning. Must also be able to reach, bend, scrub, etc. when performing cleaning duties.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language in order to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Climb a step ladder for cleaning purposes and for retrieving items.
- No felony convictions to comply with Lottery sales regulations
- Ability to work any shift, weekend and/or holidays as needed.
- Withstand temperatures as low as 31 degrees Fahrenheit for periods of time, up to an hour, for purposes of stocking the walk in cooler and freezer.
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work at a face pace
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sales abilities
- Enthusiastic Personality