Yard Jockey / Class A CDL Driver
Headway Workforce Solutions is currently looking to fill immediate CDL Driver / Yard Jockey openings in Newport News, VA.
Hours will be night shift 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. and will involve working Saturdays and Sundays. You will work 4-5 days per week with 2 days off.
This position pays $15.00 per hour with a minimum of 40 hours per week with extensive overtime potential.
- Inspect tow vehicles
- Move trailers from one location to another
- Move trailers from dock to dock as needed to complete the loading process
- Ensure trailers are properly loaded and secured
- Arrange trailers on the yard in an orderly and efficient manner
- Move trailers for receiving when needed
- Maintain shipping documents and log books
- Move product with pallet jack
- Must have valid Class A CDL license with ability to maneuver trailers in tight areas
- Minimum 6 months to one year experience REQUIRED
- Must have safe driving record
- Must have proven track record of being dependable and safety-minded with past employers
- Ability to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 lbs.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old