Warehouse Manager Wilmer TX
Support the Director of Operations at the respective distribution center by directing warehouse activities and oversee all aspects of the daily production and order fulfillment.
- Operational Excellence - Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current. Lead and measure all daily processes to ensure order fulfillment and production are completed with excellence on a daily basis. Partnership with the Director of Operations for resolving daily challenges and ensuring timely and accurate completion or order fulfillment for Operations that will ship anywhere from 2,200 to 10,000 lines per day or 136K to 1.2M of revenue on a daily basis.
- When applicable - Adhere to and manage all transactions as the CDR (certifed designated representative) and be responsible for ensuring accurate procedures and recordkeeping and to ensure Medline is compliant with the State of Florida's "Pharmacy Practice Act" administrative rule.
- Human Capital Management - Support all human resource processes at local facility. This includes helping to sourcing and staffing all positions, support the performance management process, administer compensation when necessary, and training and development. Create a culture that promotes positive employee relations. Exposure to confidential information is restricted to salary information for respective supervisors, leads and hourly employees.
- Expense Management - Support and oversee daily and ongoing expenses to ensure that financial capital is used as efficiently as possible. Prepares work order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment. Scheduling, tracking and expediting freight to inter-company and contact distributors. Work with carriers to resolve freight discrepancies;
- Inventory management - Monitor work and processes to ensure that product is moved correctly from trailer to racks to shipping. Responsible for VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory).
- Sales Support - Support local sales representatives and sales leadership to deliver outstanding customer service. Support current business by providing timely responses to service failures and customer concerns. Support the Director of Operations with resolving customer complaints as registered through the OSI process.
- Safety and hygiene - Monitors activities of work team to ensure that safe practices are in place and being demonstrated. Monitors building to ensure that proper housekeeping is being practiced. Give guidance to safety committee.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, relevant work experience accepted in lieu of degree. 3 to 5 years supervisory experience, with demonstrated abilities supporting personnel, and warehouse employees. Preferrable 5 years business experience, with several years being in a distribution center environment.
- When applicable - Certified as a CDR by the State of Florida to ensure compliant operations and handling of pharmaceutical product.
- Effective communicator in both group and individual settings. Effective writing skills. Demonstrated ability to model Active Listening. Approachable. Effective in multi-cultural environments. Excellent presentation skills
- Extremely high sense of urgency, personal energy, and stamina. Capable of handling multiple priorities and extensive time demands. High level of personal integrity.
- Effectively navigates through complex situations, both internal and external, that may require multiple decision makers. Demonstrated experience in customer relations and the ability to lead work environments that embrace the principles of positive employee relations.