Host / Hostess, Food & Beverage - Kirkwood Mountain Resort - Winter Seasonal - FT & PT
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Host is responsible for superior guest service, greeting the guest without delay and escorting the guest to the table. Applicant is responsible working closely with the wait staff and culinary team to ensure our guest’s needs are being met. Candidate will maintain order and flow of seating all guests in the dining room. Must maintain a professional appearance and possess excellent verbal communication skills.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing reservations and maintaining a reservation system.
- Welcome guests and show them to their table
- May be asked to help with table bussing and food running depending on guest volume.
- Maintain a clean and neat workplace and dining room area.
- Proper station rotation to ensure the best possible guest service experience.
- Daily cleaning and side work tasks
- Capable of multi-tasking and working at a fast but thorough pace
- Adhere to all grooming and uniform standards.
- Educational Requirements: HS Diploma or GED
- Communication Requirements: Ability to speak, read and communicate clearly in English.
- Excellent guest service skills: Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, 6+ hours
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year.
- Previous food and beverage experience – Preferred
California Food Handlers Card – Required within 30 days of employment. Cost & training for certification provided by Kirkwood Mountain Dining.
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 139521