American Eagle Outfitters - Assistant Manager - United StatesPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Assistant Manager supports the Store Manager in the daily operations of the store. The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in achieving sales goals, meeting merchandising brand standards and delivering operational excellence through effectively leading a high performing team. The Assistant Manager is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
STATUS: Full Time Non Exempt
SUPERVISES: Store Associates
* Motivate and inspire the team by communicating a compelling vision and purpose which encompasses American Eagle Outfitter's Core values.
* Act as the leader on duty and consistently models the brand customer service standards and Customer First selling behaviors.
* Communicate clear expectations and hold the store team and self accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards.
* Build effective relationships with associates, peers and supervisor to develop a high performing team and customer-centric culture.
* Participate in productive weekly leadership meetings.
* Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to build leadership skill set and enhance individual performance.
Drive for Results
* Support the Store Manager in the execution of the short and long term store business plans to drives KPI results and maximizes business opportunities to include CRM, Loyalty and technology.
* Manage payroll and schedule adjustments effectively to maximize productivity and achieve daily/hourly targets.
* Analyze reporting and daily sales trends to make real-time strategic business decisions to drive results.
* Effective use of technology to enhance customer engagement and drive KPI results (BOSS, Store to Door, Social Media)
* Contribute to the achievement of all store financial, revenue and expense targets.
* Builds customer loyalty through in-store experience, utilization of social media and email capture.
* Recruit, hire, develop and retain sales associates to ensure the store is sufficiently staffed to meet the needs of the business.
* Train, develop and coach the associate team; provide appropriate level of performance feedback to increase confidence and capability.
* Support the annual review process for sales associates.
* Drive employee engagement by recognizing and rewarding employees for outstanding performance.
* Executes all Division of Responsibility as assigned by the Store Manager.
* Ensure that the associate team adheres to all employment practices and policies.
* Proactively identifies customer and performance issues and communicates them to store management in a timely manner; collaborates to develop and implement a plan for resolution.
Visual & Operational Execution
* Maintain company brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment is safe for employees and customers.
* Ensures all visual directives, ensuring mapping and floorset are properly planned, scheduled and executed seamlessly within allotted timeframe.
* Generate and analyze merchandise reports and make necessary brand appropriate merchandising moves to maximize presentation and drive sales.
* Manage the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise from shipment receipt and processing, floor-sets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
* Executes all daily operational procedures and supports the management team to ensure the store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards.
* Minimum high school education or equivalent.
* 2+ years of retail or equivalent management experience preferred.
* Ability to lead a team; delegate and follow up.
* Ability to develop and train others.
* Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
* Demonstrated time management, prioritizing, organizing and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrates business acumen.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers and store team.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fastpaced and deadlineoriented environment.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
* Ability to perform all Essential Job Functions.
* Computer and technology proficient.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity ("EEO") laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual's race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or partnership status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.