Union City, CA - Macy's Logistics: Furniture Warehouse Material Handler, Part-Time
Macy's Logistics & Operations is the distribution division of Macy's inc., the exciting brand names we support include Bloomingdales and Macy's. Our distribution operations are critical to the success of our retail operations and offer dynamic and interesting opportunities. We believe strongly in promoting from within so if you are looking for a position where you can learn new skills and grow with the company, this position may be the right opportunity for you.
- Opportunity to work with the latest in material handling and warehouse system technology
- Very stable, well-known, and well-respected brands (Macy's and Bloomingdales)
- Opportunity to learn multiple processes through cross training.
- Employee Discount.
- Must be flexible to extend shift or work weekends when deemed necessary.
- Growth potential for exceptional associates.
- Receive and ship merchandise in a safe, accurate and productive manner.
- Ability to key accurately and productively using PC's hand-held computers or other such devices.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and safety/security guidance.
- Operate powered equipment as assigned by Manager
- Adhere to conveyor lockout procedures.
- Work on elevated platforms and conveyor systems.
- Perform other related duties, special projects or assignments as required.
- Safety Conscious
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Team player
- Ability to understand and communicate directions in the DC regarding Standard Operating Procedures and security and safety guidelines.
- Meet accuracy and production standards.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds repetitively.
- If operating powered equipment, have the ability to be trained.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use multiple radio frequency devices, i.e. hand held scanners.
- Ability to learn area-specific functions within multiple systems.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macys Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 670 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including exclusive and fashion brands. Our flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in Southern California -- are known internationally as leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, we help strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $69 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.
*Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9. Learn more about your rights under the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law.