DISH is transforming the entertainment industry. The challenges are exciting, the atmosphere is high engery and the growth opportunities are endless. We compete to win, need to achieve and look for others who feel the same way.
• Founded in 1980
• Publicly traded Fortune 250 Company (ticker symbol DISH)
• Corporate headquarters located in Denver, CO.
• 20,000 employees in the U.S.
• Provides satellite TV to approximately 14 million subscribers
• Most award winning technology on the market
DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
A successful Core Programming Specialist will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable communicating with upper management; highly focused on building and maintaining strong internal and external business relationships
- Sound analytical skills; both qualitative & quantitative and the ability to think creatively and independently, as well as collaboratively
- Detail oriented with ability to review and analyze a large volume of data; strong Excel skills (preferred)
- Comfortable reading and understanding contract language and negotiation/deal experience (preferred)
- Experience or demonstrated interest in the pay-TV industry
Over the past 30 years, DISH has built a talented group of leaders and support teams at its corporate headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. As DISH continues to develop, offering new products and services to an increasing customer base, it is looking to recruit outstanding candidates capable to turning ideas and strategies into world-class results. This position will be an integral part of the Core Programming team, which acquires core video content from national content partners (e.g., Turner Networks, Disney, HBO). The Programming Specialist will be responsible for providing support and analysis across the range of work provided by the team.
The Core Programming Team works with senior management on DISH’s Core programming strategy, maintains Core programmer relationships, manages ongoing business with our Core programming partners, and negotiates content acquisition and renewal deals in line with budget and overall strategy. The Programming Specialist will be a key member of the Core Programming Team.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Analyze the latest trends in Media, Pay TV and Network industries
- Prepare and plan for deals
- Complete financial modeling
- Ad hoc reporting
- Viewer measurement analysis