Computer Component Technician
PrideStaff in Roseville is seeking out candidates with experience in the electronic industry for positions of various levels for a client. These are immediate openings, with pay can ranging from $12-18/hr.
If you have experience working in the electronics industry, apply to this posting and contact PrideStaff at 916-757-6100 asap for further details and discussion.
- Troubleshooting, repairing and testing of systems, products and modules to component level.
- Handles "catch boards" to include proper routing, diagnostics and report in the time frame allotted for the procedure.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning circuits, components or parts and determines methods or actions necessary to rectify.
- Provides design details where lacking and recommends modifications to engineering design as necessary.
- Assists in the development of repair processes and procedures.
- Provides technical support to others as needed.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, test parameters, material lists, net lists and IRQs.
- Some rework thru-hole, surface mount, fine pitch soldering as required.
- Training of TRO's in basic troubleshooting skills.
- Builds and maintains workable bug book.
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with Electronics Engineer and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
- Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- May use hand operated tools and light power operated tools in the assembly and disassembly of intermediate to complex mechanical/optical apparatus such as cameras, lasers and microscopes, etc.
- Interpret mechanical assembly and fabrication drawings for use in parts, and diagnosis of root cause for failure.
- Need familiarity with optical properties and the effects of lenses and mirrors on light beams and images.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. plus valid picture ID
- Willing to submit to pre-employment drug and background check
- Must have consistent and reliable means of transportation
- Must be able to provide at least 2 professional references from recent supervisors
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old