Retail Support Associate - Shoe Expeditor, Part Time: McLean, VA, Tyson's Corner
The Shoe Expeditor is responsible for processing new merchandise and recovering the shoe sales area as well as maintaining high customer service and presentation standards. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here .
- Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment by demonstrating proficient use of proprietary devices and applications; proactively create enhanced shopping experiences through the heightened use of tools, technology and collaboration;
- Recover shoe sales floor and scan inventory back into stock;
- Maintain integrity of shoe inventory by ensuring accuracy of scanning and placement;
- Receive and process new merchandise;
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishments are necessary. No experience is needed.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability: Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macys Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 670 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including exclusive and fashion brands. Our flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in Southern California -- are known internationally as leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, we help strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $69 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.
*Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9. Learn more about your rights under the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law.