|Job Title||Class A CDL Driver|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Wages||To Be Determined|
Automatic Rolls of Baltimore - 7111 Commercial Avenue
Rosedale, MD 21237
Class A CDL Driver
Tractor Trailer Drivers operate a tractor-trailer in a professional, safe, and timely manner, to deliver product to scheduled destinations, obeying all federal, state, and local laws.
Primary Job Duties:
- Conducts a proper walk around pre-trip inspection to ensure the equipment is safe to operate prior to leaving the bakery for their route.
- Checks the paperwork against the schedule and the load sheets to make sure the proper load is on the trailer.
- Ensures the load is properly secured and the trailer is sealed.
- Enters information to the driver’s book in Private Label Office with tractor number, trailer number, and the time dispatched.
- After arriving at the customer, unloads the product safely, and has customer count, verify, and sign delivery papers.
- If short or over on an order, contacts a supervisor about the discrepancy and fills out a return product form.
- After completing delivery, reloads the trailer with empty trays and returns to the bakery.
- Conducts a post trip inspection on tractor and trailer.
- Re-fuels the tractor, notifies the jockey of the trailer content, and completes the driver’s book.
- Submits daily logs, delivery tickets, driver’s payroll, vehicle condition report and trip report before going home.
- Maintains safe working environment for all employees/contractors.
- Promotes safety in all areas of operations.
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
- Ensures proper G.M.P.s are followed at all times.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL license
- One year experience as a driver
- High school diploma or equivalent or a combination of experience & technical training
- *A pre-employment Drug Screening, DOT physical and road test are required prior to the job offer*
- Must be able to satisfy all DOT QA file requirements and paperwork
- Able to count and perform basic math.
- Able to perform all duties so as not to produce damage.
- Capable of lifting and maneuvering up to 50 pounds.
- Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant as well as customer locations.
- Able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Able to read and comprehend delivery schedule.
Click “Apply Now” to begin your application process today!
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old