Class A CDL Driver
Tractor Trailer Drivers operate a tractor-trailer in a professional, safe, and timely manner, to deliver product to scheduled destinations, obeying all federal, state, and local laws.
Primary Job Duties:
- Conducts a proper walk around pre-trip inspection to ensure the equipment is safe to operate prior to leaving the bakery for their route.
- Checks the paperwork against the schedule and the load sheets to make sure the proper load is on the trailer.
- Ensures the load is properly secured and the trailer is sealed.
- Enters information to the driver’s book in Private Label Office with tractor number, trailer number, and the time dispatched.
- After arriving at the customer, unloads the product safely, and has customer count, verify, and sign delivery papers.
- If short or over on an order, contacts a supervisor about the discrepancy and fills out a return product form.
- After completing delivery, reloads the trailer with empty trays and returns to the bakery.
- Conducts a post trip inspection on tractor and trailer.
- Re-fuels the tractor, notifies the jockey of the trailer content, and completes the driver’s book.
- Submits daily logs, delivery tickets, driver’s payroll, vehicle condition report and trip report before going home.
- Maintains safe working environment for all employees/contractors.
- Promotes safety in all areas of operations.
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
- Ensures proper G.M.P.s are followed at all times.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL license
- One year experience as a driver
- High school diploma or equivalent or a combination of experience & technical training
- *A pre-employment Drug Screening, DOT physical and road test are required prior to the job offer*
- Must be able to satisfy all DOT QA file requirements and paperwork
- Able to count and perform basic math.
- Able to perform all duties so as not to produce damage.
- Capable of lifting and maneuvering up to 50 pounds.
- Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant as well as customer locations.
- Able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Able to read and comprehend delivery schedule.
Click “Apply Now” to begin your application process today!
Northeast Foods recognizes the importance of equal employment opportunity for persons with disabilities and the contributions that they can offer. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for employment opportunities with Northeast Foods. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).
- Valid CDL
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old