|Job Title||Personal Care Aide|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Wages||To Be Discussed|
Office Address: 100 Doyle Street, Ste. F Santa Cruz, CA 95062
Aptos, CA 95003
Personal Care Aide
- One or more of the following criteria: One year minimum of continuous experience as a Personal Care Adie or Nurse Aide in a health care environment; Completion of a State (or similarly accredited) Personal Care Aide or Nurse Aide training program; Completion of one year of classroom and clinical training from an accredited nursing program, medical assistance program, or other applicable direct care training program.
- Satisfactory compliance with ComForcare bonding criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, families, co-workers, and all supervisors in the English language .
- Ability to accurately follow and process written and verbal instructions.
- Satisfactorily demonstrate and perform competency in clinical skills through competency checklist and skills demonstration test.
- Minimum score of 80% on competency exam (NLN Test).
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- Visual and hearing capacities functioning at a level sufficient enough to provide for the supervisory and physical care needs of clients.
The PCA provides specifically defined, non-medical care services under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to enable the client to remain in the home. The PCA is a non-licensed health care employee who provides personal care and homemaking services in the home setting to clients and families who are unable to perform these activities independently. The PCA conforms to all agency policies and procedures including providing care, compliance with the agency Bill of Rights, observing client/family confidentiality, and adhering to agency dress code.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old