We have an immediate opening for a General Manager.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
Assumes full responsibility for operations, training and development of all employees within a Stevi B’s restaurant; including the execution of all policies, programs and systems, including the Stevi B’s Operations Reference Manual. Creates and maintains an “Employer of Choice” environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes full responsibility for insuring that the restaurant operates in a manner that provides consistent day-to-day operations and guest satisfaction, in compliance with the Stevi B’s Operations Reference Manual.
- Prepares employee work schedules in a timely manner to ensure continuous ability to properly serve guests while controlling labor hours within guidelines.
- Effectively manages the restaurant’s cost control procedures for food, labor, paper and inventory.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory levels to insure product availability.
- Works effectively with and monitors performance of vendors.
- Immediately resolves guest requests and complaints in a respectful manner.
- Participates in management training and career development programs.
- Determines compensation levels of restaurant employees within company guidelines.
- Recruits, interviews and hires crew and management team members to achieve proper staffing levels.
- Responsible for orientation and training of all employees.
- Initiates and implements career development plans for all employees.
- Effectively directs employees in the performance of restaurant operations.
- Provides constructive performance feedback to all employees.
- Implements and oversees the performance appraisal process for restaurant employees.
- Manages employee compliance with the restaurant employee handbook, policies and practices and takes appropriate action to address employee violations of such standards.
- Assumes full responsibility for insuring that the work environment is free of discrimination, harassment and inappropriate conduct.
- Immediately and effectively resolves employee concerns, requests and complaints in a respectful manner and informs the Supervisor of such issues as appropriate.
- Manages compliance with all federal, state and local wage and hour laws and labor and employment laws.
- Completes and maintains all restaurant employment related records and payroll records.
- Prepares restaurant related reports in a timely manner, including weekly and monthly control goals, weekly inventory worksheets and monthly profit and loss (P&L) projections.
- Assumes full responsibility for insuring that all employees are in compliance with cash handling policies and banking procedures.
- Develops and executes restaurant priorities and objectives, including meeting current sales and profit goals. Develops and oversees implementation of appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends.
- Develops and implements effective marketing plans.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Stevi B’s food safety initiatives, including health and sanitation laws and regulations. Takes immediate corrective action, when necessary.
- Maintains a safe work environment by requiring compliance with all safety and security procedures.
- Provides safety training programs to all employees.
- Immediately documents specifics of all guest or employee accidents and incidents and reports them appropriately.
- Performs other job-related duties, such as conducting crew and management meetings, developing and implementing action plans based on mystery shop results and/or other customer service indicators and participating in all restaurant audits.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and laws relating to employment and labor practices, Equal Employment Opportunity and wage and hour compliance.
- Recruiting, interviewing and selection practices.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local health and sanitation laws and regulations.
- Leadership and supervisory practices and skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Problem solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Time Management skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task primary job responsibilities.
- Able to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to follow-up with employees to complete assigned duties.
- Ability to use restaurant planning tools.
- Works with autonomy.
- Communicates the Stevi B’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years of restaurant management experience, which includes P&L responsibility.
- Advanced studies in business, restaurant management, or related field are preferred.
- Proven experience managing all shifts without supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires considerable bending, stooping, lifting, and stretching.
- Requires the ability to work within the confined area of the restaurant and work under significant time constraints; such as, delivering food orders and making accurate change within a 2-3 minute time frame.
- Requires long periods of standing and the ability to lift, push, or pull a maximum of 50 lb with or without assistance.
- Requires frequent immersing of hands in water to wash and rinse food and small wares.
- Requires ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Requires ability to be on-call 24 hours a day and work a minimum of 50-55 hours per week.