|Job Title||Food Specialist|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
8439 Loop Road
Baldwinsville, NY 13027
Our organization prides itself on excellence, putting the education and development of our children first and foremost. When you consider a career at Childtime, know you will be joining a team that is passionate about thoroughly preparing their students for all the challenges that lie ahead.
In a Food Specialist, we look for dependable and caring individuals who understand the important responsibility of contributing to the future of tomorrows’ leaders. Some of the exciting things that you will do as a Food Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Make a difference every day!
- Be responsible for planning and preparing nutritionally balanced, attractive family style meals and snacks for children and staff.
- Plan menus, taking into account the school budget and state and federal nutritional requirements for children.
- Enhance children’s growth and development in the classroom (and beyond!).
- Keep accurate inventory of food and supplies and order replacements as needed.
- Maintain positive and supportive relationships with school staff, children, parents and regulatory officials.
PLEASE READ: We staff our schools with a core group of full-time employees as well as numerous part-time employees (less than 32 hours per week). When full-time positions become available in our schools, we try to consider our current part-time employees who are seeking full-time employment. If you are not willing to consider part-time work, please indicate this on your application, otherwise your application will be considered for any full and part-time opportunities as they become available.
This Childtime location may or may not be hiring at this time. However, we continuously accept applications to ensure that we are able to quickly identify and select the most qualified applicant(s) once a position becomes available. All applications we receive remain active for 6 months, to be considered for all potential opportunities that may arise.
Learning Care Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet all state licensing requirements, including:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in cooking and food preparation for multiple individuals, preferably in child care food programs, a public institution or restaurant
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and good hygiene
There are many benefit options available to full and part-time employees. We provide a fun, challenging work environment that fosters teamwork, inspires professional excellence and encourages contributions by all team members including:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefit plans available to eligible full-time employees
- Medical plans available to eligible part-time employees
- Tuition reimbursement
- CDA reimbursement may be available
- Vacation, holiday and sick time available to eligible full-time employees
- Generous child care discount
And because we have locations throughout the United States, there are countless transfer and advancement opportunities.