|Job Title||PT Deli/Bakery Associate|
7537 Richmond Rd
Williamsburg, VA 23188
All companies say they’ll give you opportunities – we’ll show you. Ongoing training. Aggressive advancement. A strong, enthusiastic system of support. At Food Lion, it’s all part of our (and your) clearly marked path to success. As one of the nation’s largest supermarket chains, we’re proud to bring quality, freshness, and incredible value to more than 10 million satisfied customers each week. And we want our associates to be just as satisfied (if not more).
We are Now Hiring for Deli/Bakery Associate
Provides quality customer service to customers in the Deli/Bakery Department. Maximizes sales through excellent customer service.
- Operates and sharpens meat slicer.
- Operates wrap stand, scales, and printer.
- Understands tare weight.
- Answers the telephone.
- Understands hot foods portion control.
- Makes sandwiches, subs, tossed salads, coffee and tea, dispenses drinks, and fries chicken.
- Knows how to properly operate chicken fryer, stove, and barbeque.
- Filters chicken fryer and changes filter paper.
- Boils out chicken fryer and tests grease.
- Packages chicken.
- Prepares breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Monitors food temperatures.
- Sets shaved meat trays.
- Records known loss and merchandise transfers.
- Understands and follows reduction policies.
- Complies with dishwashing and sanitation procedures and follows cleaning schedule.
- Changes pans, freshens, and breaks down hot case as needed.
- Takes out trash.
- Bales cardboard (if over 18).
- Understands food temperature requirements and storage.
- Follows personal hygiene standards.
- Rotates product.
- Operates cash register.
- Uses price book.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area and equipment.
- Takes special orders.
- Performs insect control procedures.
- Understands proofing temperatures and humidity.
- Operates oven, proof boxes, and bakery printer/scales.
- Understands production guide.
- Produces bread.
- Bags, labels, and displays products.
- Monitors portion control.
- Ability to stoop, bend, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- This list is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added to meet business demands.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old