Gas Station Cashier
We have a full-time/part-time opening for a Gas Station Cashier.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- English (United States)
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Shell is a leading oil and gas producer in the deep-water Gulf of Mexico, a recognized pioneer in oil and gas exploration and production technology and one of America’s leading oil and natural gas producers, gasoline and natural gas marketers and petrochemical manufacturers. We operate in 50 states and employ more than 22,000 people delivering energy in technically innovative ways.
Gas Station Cashier
Receive and disburse money in establishments other than financial institutions. Usually involves use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. Often involved in processing credit or debit card transactions and validating checks.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Weigh items sold by weight to determine prices.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Issue trading stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Sell tickets and other items to customers.
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks.
- Cash checks for customers.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Post charges against guests' or patients' accounts.
- Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.