|Job Title||Department Supervisor|
71 College Plaza
Selden, NY 11784
Primarily responsible for effective supervision of assigned department(s). Maximize profitability through excellent Customer service driving sales, maintaining overall front end standards and achieving business objectives.
- Promote and sustain Bob’s Stores Culture by embracing and holding all Associates accountable for BOB’S People Principles including Courage, Team, Passion, Reinvention, Accountability and Respect.
- Lead by example and provide excellent Customer service, holding all Associates accountable for all current Customer service standards. Drive service standards through current company sponsored programs.
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency around providing all Customers with a superior experience.
- Maintain a neat, orderly sales floor, stock room and office area.
- Assist in the planning, and implementation of floor sets for sales promotions. Ensure accuracy of department signage and ad sets. Maintain standards and oversee visual aspects of the department.
- Develop strong product knowledge. Educate Associates and Customers about merchandise.
- Analyze business trends using all available tools. Ensure efforts are directed towards driving sales and profitability, including supporting all company sponsored business-driving initiatives.
- Understand, embrace and execute all company directives, including all current company policy and procedures.
- Assist Management in developing, training, directing, and coaching hourly Associates using all applicable company training programs.
- Maintain an appropriate and effective level of communication at all levels, ensuring that all Associates maintain the same level of effective communication.
- Control department shrink (i.e. transfers, markdowns, damages, mismate control, document control and completion).
- Constantly evaluate job performance and provide input for appraisals for direct reports. Assist Management in ensuring that all appraisals are administered on time.
- Ensure each component of the Monthly Compliance Program (TSE, CCR) is executed accurately to ensure that company standards/expectations are met.
- Assist Front-End operation, including providing direct support to Customer Service Supervisor in all front end processes. Actively support and participate in the Best of Bob’s Program, ensuring the location maintains the company minimum Loyalty Capture Rate.
- May be responsible, as required by business, for opening and closing the store as well as participating in the store alarm call rotation. Also responsible for assisting in appropriate handling of all emergency situations.
- Take on additional responsibility as dictated by business.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- One to Two years' supervisory experience in a retail environment preferred. Some experience preferred in Apparel and/or Footwear environments, but not mandatory.
- Full time hourly position with a schedule of 35-40 hours per week based on business needs. Nights, weekends, and holidays required. Some overnight shifts also required. Flexible availability required.
- Position may be required, as dictated by business needs, to carry keys to the store, as well as hold access to the store alarm system.
- Communicate in writing and verbally (in person, using telephone systems and via e-mail) to staff, customers and store management to ensure effective Customer relations.
- Read, and interpret information received via mail, and electronic communications.
- Participate in various problem solving and decision-making activities requiring skills such as reading, writing, analysis, prioritizing, independent thinking, listening, speaking and delegating.
- Bending, lifting, carrying required for movement of merchandise fixtures, and signage. Lift and carry up to 40 pounds on a regular basis. Climb ladders stepstools. Push and pull buckets, rolling racks and fixtures.
- Operate various equipment, office and hand tools requiring manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination (perform various computer keyboard functions, etc.).
- Comprehend and execute verbal and written directions to ensure effective completion of tasks.
- Valid Drivers License required.
This location may or may not be hiring at this time. However, we continuously accept applications to ensure that we are able to quickly identify and select the most qualified applicant(s) once a position becomes available. All applications we receive remain active for 12 months, to be considered for all potential opportunities that may arise. Please click the “Apply Now” button to continue the application process.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old