Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position
Experienced Diesel Technicians/Mechanics are needed to perform the following duties in a Truck Maintenance Shop for our client Rapid City, SD:
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Job Description:
• Greet customers in a prompt, friendly manner.
• Change oil on trucks and cars.
• Grease trucks and trailers.
• Change and repair truck or car tires
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems on trucks and trailers.
• Perform light mechanical work on trucks and cars (alternators, belts, starters, bearings, wheel seals, water pumps, exhaust, etc.).
• Perform brake work on trucks.
• Perform A/C repairs on trucks and cars.
• Maintenance welding duties
• Sell tires and parts, ensuring profit margins are maintained and trade guidelines are followed.
• Perform service calls.
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Primary Duties:
• Preventative Maintenance
• Oil changes
• Air/hydraulic brakes
• General Maintenance
Qualified Candidates For Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Will Have The Following Education/Experience:
• Qualified Candidates Will Have ONE of the Following: (1) An Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2 year College or Technical School; (2) Six months to one year of related experience and/or training; OR (3) Equivalent combination of education and experience; Must have working knowledge of heavy duty vehicles.
• Knowledge of Order Processing Systems required.
• ASE Certifications will be available/required after employment.
• Must provide a basic set of tools.
• Must possess a valid clear driver's license.
• Trade school, mechanical course, or equivalent highly desired.
Shop, office, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs., at least once a day.
keywords: Technician, Auto Technician, Diesel Technician, Mechanic, Auto Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Bus Mechanic, CDL, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Tools, Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, Wheeled Vehicle, Light and Heavy Trucks.
- English (United States)