School Bus Technician/Mechanic I
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position
An Experienced Diesel Technician/Mechanic is needed to perform maintenance work on a Fleet of Extensive Diesel Engine School Buses for our client in Stratford, CT.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Job Description:
• Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
• Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Primary Duties:
• Preventative Maintenance
• Oil changes
• Air/hydraulic brakes
• General Maintenance
Qualified Candidates For Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Will Have The Following Education/Experience:
• 2 years of automotive or truck experience with technical repair hands-on and/or classroom training is required.
• Knowledge of and experience using information technology and related software to access technical information and enter data is required.
• Experience in the repair, maintenance and diagnostics of light / medium duty trucks / buses preferred.
• Must provide a basic set of tools.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Trade school, mechanical course, or equivalent highly desired.
Shop, office, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs., at least once a day.
keywords: Technician, Auto Technician, Diesel Technician, Mechanic, Auto Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Bus Mechanic, CDL, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Tools, Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, Wheeled Vehicle, Light and Heavy Trucks.
- English (United States)