|Job Title||A Level Diesel Technician/Mechanic|
|Job Type||Full-time, Temp to Hire, Temporary|
|Location||Bloomington, IN |
Bloomington, IN 47403
A Level Diesel Technician/Mechanic
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position
A Seasoned Diesel Technician/Mechanic is needed to perform repairs and maintenance on a Fleet of Alternative Fuel, Diesel and/or Gasoline Trucks including front-end loader, roll off, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations for our client in Bloomington, IN.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Job Description:
• Diagnoses mechanical problems on suspension, brake system, electrical system, hydraulic system, drive train, engine and transmission
• Diagnoses and repairs tires according to Tire Maintenance Standards
• Performs repairs and maintenance on alternate fuel, diesel and/or gasoline trucks including front-end loader, roll off, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations
• Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, maintenance and repair of engines, chassis, driveline, body components, hydraulic systems, brake systems, electrical systems, suspension systems, wheels, and tires.
• Overhauls gas or diesel engines.
• Examines protective guards and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.
• Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or driver for clarification of problems and discusses preventive techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
• Inspects repairs completed by outside vendors and/or manufacturers.
• Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
• Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
• Estimates time and materials required for repairs.
• Diagnoses issues and makes repairs using Service Manuals.
• Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs
• Technicians with welding skills may fabricate special shields, attachments, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; participates in all required safety training and meetings.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Primary Duties:
• Preventative Maintenance
• Oil changes
• Air/hydraulic brakes
• General Maintenance
Qualified Candidates For Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Will Have The Following Education/Experience:
• Qualified Candidates Will Have ONE of the Following: (1) High School Diploma or equivalent and 4 years of related truck or heavy equipment maintenance experience OR (2) No High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years of related truck or heavy equipment maintenance experience.
• DOT Qualifications including Brake Maintenance & Inspections, and Annual Vehicle Inspections are required.
• Mechanical or Trade School Certificate preferred.
• Certificate in Electronic Diagnostics preferred.
• ASE Certificates are preferred.
• Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience preferred.
• Must possess a valid clear driver's license.
• Trade school, mechanical course, or equivalent highly desired.
Shop, office, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs., at least once a day.
keywords: Technician, Auto Technician, Diesel Technician, Mechanic, Auto Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Bus Mechanic, CDL, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Tools, Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, Wheeled Vehicle, Light and Heavy Trucks.
- English (United States)