|Job Title||Customer Service Associate|
|Wages||To be discussed|
|Location||24934 Commercial Dr. |
Rosenberg, TX 77471
Customer Service Associate
At Kohl’s, we’re always looking ahead to creating the next great thing. Since 1962, our people have been our biggest asset and every great thing we do is thanks to the great people we hire.
Kohl's is currently hiring Customer Service Associates!
Responsible for creating an environment of GREAT customer service through actions. Responsible for greeting customers and processing transactions accurately and efficiently. Maintains a neat, clean and organized area.
- “Smiles and Says Hi!” Contributes to customer oriented atmosphere within store by smiling and saying hi to all customers and Associates encountered. Encourages others to “Smile and Say Hi”.
- Adheres to the “Yes We Can” policy and efficiently resolves customer’s questions and requests. Supports fellow Associates through “Yes We Can” actions and behaviors.
- Uses the 5 step GREAT program while interacting with customers: Greets Customer, Requests Credit, Explains Email, Asks to complete the Survey and Thanks the Customer.
- May be responsible to answers incoming phone calls, transfers phone calls and uses paging system in a professional manner.
- Solicits and processes quick Kohl’s Charge applications.
- Solicits e-mail addresses from customers.
- May be responsible to process credit payments and resolves customers’ credit problems. Handles payments on NSF checks in a professional manner.
- May be asked to provide proper information and instruction to customers interested in the gift registry. Promotes the registry to prospective clients and handles their inquiries in a professional manner and in accordance to Company policy. Handles gift registry problems in a quick and efficient manner.
- Adheres to “2-in-a-line” standard and calls for backup when needed.
- Ensures that all cash handling procedures are done in accordance to policy and procedure as well as in a timely manner. Opens, closes and balances register and records information on a balance sheet.
- Utilizes and adheres to merchandise presentation standards in regards to the 5 Basics: replenishment, signing, sizing, clearance and clean store.
- Follows Company policies and procedures for all POS processes.
- Maintains a neat, clean and organized customer service area.
- Maintains consistent communication and follow through with E3's on any signing or “Yes We Can” opportunities.
- Recovers and replenishes POS endcaps in accordance with merchandising directives and standards. (Customer Service Associate only)
- Regularly identifies and informs Customer Service Supervisor and Loss Prevention Supervisor of register variances and errors. Investigates variances and errors to help in their correction.
- Prepares funds and media for cash registers at opening and closing. Provides change for registers and collects cash and media pick-ups. Performs register reads and resets.
- Processes daily reports generated by the COSA system. Separates and submits reports, balance sheets, and media to the Cash and Sales Audit department.
- Maintains the Cash Office equipment in good operating condition. Informs Customer Service Area Supervisor of any operating problems. Maintains a neat, clean and organized Cash Office.
- Ensures prompt removal of merchandise returns and holds. Makes sure all merchandise is folded, hung, tagged and priced appropriately before returning to the sales floor.
- Processes damages and the appropriate paperwork correctly. Tags vendor return items. Call for department to pick up returns.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to, assisting with cash pick-ups at the Point-of-Sale, greeting customers at assigned stations, assisting customers at Point-of-Sale, assisting with recovery in departments, and assisting in the preparation and taking of inventory.
Training and Supervision: (POS Specialist Only)
- Demonstrates leadership through the “Yes We Can” policy by efficiently resolving customers’ problems regarding purchase transactions.
- Ensures that the Company’s “2-in-a-line” standard is maintained by all POS Associates. Reinforces customer service standards in processing transactions. Maintains high level of presence on floor to assist POS Associates.
- May assist in training new POS Associates and Sales Associate on Point-of-Sale operations and customer service standards.
- Ensures credit standards are communicated and motivates Associates to achieve credit goals.
- Maintains communication binder and ensures all POS Associates read and understand monthly POS touchbases.
- Informs POS Associates on changes in policies and procedures and system changes at Point-of-Sale.
- Prior experience in customer service or in cash balancing and processing.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis. Greater than 50 pounds = 1 Associate per 50 pounds.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the departments within the store. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
- Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
Click “Apply Now” to begin your application process today!
- Minimum Age
- 17+ years old