|Job Title||Diesel Technician/Mechanic|
|Job Type||Full-time, Temp to Hire, Temporary|
Meriden, CT 06450
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position
An Experienced Diesel Technician/Mechanic is needed to perform mechanical duties on light to heavy duty trucks, air compressors, generators, agricultural, construction, and industrial equipment. Duties include repairs, inspections, diagnosis/troubleshooting, preventative/general maintenance, and any other task assigned by the shop manager for our client in Meriden, CT.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Job Description:
• Perform mechanical duties in the repair, inspection, diagnosis and preventative & general maintenance of air and hydraulic brakes repairs, driveline, transmission, steering and suspension, electrical troubleshooting, AC, oil changes, fabricate hoses, welding, computer diagnosis.
• Assist in the fabrication of parts or special tools if needed.
• Prepare necessary records pertaining to work performed.
• Assist in maintaining inventory of equipment, supplies, and materials.
• Perform troubleshooting techniques on various systems of the equipment described, by way of special tools or equipment, such as pc diagnosis, scan tool, etc.
• Provide technical guidance or support to peers if needed. And possess an ability to take instructions.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• Perform mobile customer job site repairs on a limited basis if required.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Primary Duties:
• Preventative Maintenance
• Oil changes
• Air/hydraulic brakes
• General Maintenance
Qualified Candidates For Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Will Have The Following Education/Experience:
• 5 years of mechanic experience is required (diesel experience is preferred).
• A valid CDL is preferred (a huge plus!).
• Must pass Non DOT drug test
• High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Must possess a valid clear driver's license.
• Trade school, mechanical course, or equivalent highly desired.
Shop, office, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs., at least once a day.
keywords: Technician, Auto Technician, Diesel Technician, Mechanic, Auto Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Bus Mechanic, CDL, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Tools, Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, Wheeled Vehicle, Light and Heavy Trucks.
- English (United States)