|Job Title||Diesel Technician/Mechanic|
|Job Type||Full-time, Temp to Hire, Temporary|
Sioux Falls, SD
Sioux Falls, SD
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Experienced Heavy Truck Diesel Technicians / Mechanics are needed to perform maintenance work for our client in Sioux Falls, SD on extensive diesel engine heavy duty trucks and trailers.
• Performing Preventative Maintenance on Diesel engine heavy duty trucks and trailers.
• Conduct fuel and electrical diagnostics with limited supervision.
• Complete most repairs and parts replacements.
• Accurately complete written record of work performed.
• Communicate with Drivers regarding “Vehicle Condition Reports" and make appropriate repairs.
• Maintain a clean work and shop area as directed.
• Road test vehicles as necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
• All customer service duties as necessary.
• Pickup and delivery of vehicles.
• Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
• Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
• Other projects may be assigned.
• Preventative Maintenance
• Oil changes
• Air/hydraulic brakes
• General maintenance
• Must have valid Driver's License and be insurable to drive
• ASE, DOT, TIA, and other certifications will be available/required after employment
• Must have working knowledge of heavy duty vehicles
• Must be able to be on their feet for up to 8 hours at a time
• Must possess mechanical ability
• Must have an acceptable driving record
• Must furnish own tools to perform work
• Must be able to travel for shop related training
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays, or any shift as needed
• ***COMPENSATION DEPENDS ON EXPERIENCE***
Shop, office, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs., at least once a day.
keywords: Technician, Auto Technician, Diesel Technician, Mechanic, Auto Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Bus Mechanic, CDL, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Tools, Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, Wheeled Vehicle, Light and Heavy Trucks.
- English (United States)