|Job Title||Diesel Technician/Mechanic|
Naperville, IL 60564
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position
An Experienced Diesel Technician/Mechanic is needed to perform maintenance work on extensive diesel engine school bus fleet for our client in Naperville, IL.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Job Description:
- Performing Preventative Maintenance on Diesel Engine School Buses.
- Conduct fuel and electrical diagnostics with limited supervision.
- Complete most repairs and parts replacements.
- Accurately complete written record of work performed.
- Communicate with Drivers regarding “Vehicle Condition Reports" and make appropriate repairs.
- Maintain a clean work and shop area as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the shop manager.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Primary Duties:
- Preventative Maintenance
- DOT inspections
- Oil changes
- Air/hydraulic brakes
- General maintenance
Qualified Candidates For Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Will Have The Following Education/Experience:
- 3+ years of diesel mechanic experience is required.
- A valid CDL is not required, but strongly preferred.
- ASE Certifications are not required, but are strongly preferred.
- Must provide a basic set of tools.
- Trade school, mechanical course, or equivalent highly desired.
Shop, office, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs., at least once a day.
keywords: Technician, Auto Technician, Diesel Technician, Mechanic, Auto Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Bus Mechanic, CDL, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Tools, Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, Wheeled Vehicle, Light and Heavy Trucks.
- English (United States)