School Bus Technician/Mechanic
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position
An Experienced Diesel Technician/Mechanic is needed to perform maintenance work on a Fleet of Extensive Diesel Engine School Buses and School Bus Equipment for our client in Lockport, IL.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Job Description:
- Maintains, repairs, and overhauls school buses and school bus equipment. Is a mid level technician performing a variety of moderately complex duties that include responsibility for vehicle and equipment repair, overhaul, and maintenance duties, to equipment and vehicles.
- Distinguishing characteristics include superior mechanical aptitude with some diagnostic, functional skills with ability for organization and detail.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Primary Duties:
- Preventative Maintenance
- Oil changes
- Air/hydraulic brakes
- General Maintenance
Qualified Candidates For Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Will Have The Following Education/Experience:
- Qualified Candidates Will Have the Following: A High School Diploma or Equivalent, Vocational/Technical Training in Automotive Repair and a Minimum of 3 years of automotive repair experience OR any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- A valid Class A, B, or CDL with specific school bus endorsements is required.
- May require possession of one or more ASE Certifications (Master School Bus Technician is preferred).
- Must possess a valid clear driver's license.
- Trade school, mechanical course, or equivalent highly desired.
Shop, office, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs., at least once a day.
keywords: Technician, Auto Technician, Diesel Technician, Mechanic, Auto Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Bus Mechanic, CDL, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Tools, Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, Wheeled Vehicle, Light and Heavy Trucks.
- English (United States)