Transit Bus Technician/Mechanic
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position
Experienced Diesel Technicians/Mechanics are needed to perform maintenance work on a Fleet of Extensive Diesel Engine Transit Buses for our client in Inglewood, CA.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Job Description:
• Perform Preventative Maintenance on Diesel Engine Transit Buses.
• Perform minor repairs.
• Conduct fuel and electrical diagnostics with limited supervision.
• Complete most repairs and parts replacements.
• Accurately complete written record of work performed.
• Communicate with Drivers regarding “Vehicle Condition Reports" and make appropriate repairs.
• Maintain a clean work and shop area as directed.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Primary Duties:
• Preventative Maintenance
• Minor repairs
• Oil changes
• Air/hydraulic brakes
• Occasionally drive buses
• General Maintenance
Qualified Candidates For Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Will Have The Following Education/Experience:
• 2+ years of diesel mechanic experience is required (Transit Bus experience is greatly preferred).
• A valid Class B CDL is required with air brake certification and passenger endorsement.
• Trade school, mechanical course, or equivalent highly desired.
Shop, office, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs., at least once a day.
keywords: Technician, Auto Technician, Diesel Technician, Mechanic, Auto Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Bus Mechanic, CDL, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Tools, Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, Wheeled Vehicle, Light and Heavy Trucks.
- English (United States)