Avionics Technician Position
Experienced Avionics Technicians are needed to perform Line Maintenance checks on Commercial Aircraft for our client in Las Vegas, NV.
Avionics Technician Position Job Description:
• Within budgeted or estimated time, repair, modify, install, and perform routine maintenance of all Avionics systems with accuracy and with minimal assistance.
• Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other documents from both the customer and company.
• Apply deductive reasoning to troubleshoot and repair and/or check complex systems.
• Properly utilize Avionics test equipment to perform systems test and keep abreast of new and advanced test equipment and the use of such equipment.
• Properly utilized and maintain Avionics hand tools to perform repairs and installations.
• Keep leadership and co-workers apprised of work progress and/or problems.
• Accurately document work performed as set forth by company and customer maintenance programs on a daily basis using the standard format. Prepare routine reports and correspondence.
• Fabricate per drawings and standard practices wire bundles and assemblies to include marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
• Take immediate corrective action regarding unsafe conditions.
• Operate ground support equipment e.g. power carts, Hi-Reach, etc. as required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Qualified Candidates For Avionics Technician Position Will Have The Following Skills/Knowledge:
• Working knowledge of Avionics systems and their operation and the proven ability to troubleshoot basic problems.
• A broad, overall knowledge of other aircraft systems e.g. hydraulic, flight controls, etc. and major components.
• The ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions such as add, subtract, divide in units of measure and ability to compute rate, rations and percentages.
• Demonstrated ability to research proper hand-tools utilizing standard wiring practices manuals.
Qualified Candidates For Avionics Technician Position Will Have The Following Education/Experience:
• An A&P License is required.
• 3 years of experience as an Aviation Avionics Technician is required.
• 6 of 24 months of recent experience as an Aviation Avionics Technician is required.
• A&P and Flight Line experience is required.
• MD-80 and/or 757 experience is required.
Keywords: Avionics Technician, Radio Electrical Technician, Avionics Mechanic, Radio and Electrical Mechanic, Aircraft, Wiring, MRO, Maintenance Facility, Aircraft Mechanic, C&D checks, Airplane Mechanic, Aviation, Electrical
- English (United States)