|Job Title||Avionics Technician|
|Job Type||Full-time, Temp to Hire, Temporary|
Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas, NV 89120
Avionics Technician Position
Experienced Avionics Technicians are needed to perform Line Maintenance checks on Commercial Aircraft for our client in Las Vegas, NV.
Avionics Technician Position Job Description:
• Within budgeted or estimated time, repair, modify, install, and perform routine maintenance of all Avionics systems with accuracy and with minimal assistance.
• Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other documents from both the customer and company.
• Apply deductive reasoning to troubleshoot and repair and/or check complex systems.
• Properly utilize Avionics test equipment to perform systems test and keep abreast of new and advanced test equipment and the use of such equipment.
• Properly utilized and maintain Avionics hand tools to perform repairs and installations.
• Keep leadership and co-workers apprised of work progress and/or problems.
• Accurately document work performed as set forth by company and customer maintenance programs on a daily basis using the standard format. Prepare routine reports and correspondence.
• Fabricate per drawings and standard practices wire bundles and assemblies to include marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
• Take immediate corrective action regarding unsafe conditions.
• Operate ground support equipment e.g. power carts, Hi-Reach, etc. as required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Qualified Candidates For Avionics Technician Position Will Have The Following Skills/Knowledge:
• Working knowledge of Avionics systems and their operation and the proven ability to troubleshoot basic problems.
• A broad, overall knowledge of other aircraft systems e.g. hydraulic, flight controls, etc. and major components.
• The ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions such as add, subtract, divide in units of measure and ability to compute rate, rations and percentages.
• Demonstrated ability to research proper hand-tools utilizing standard wiring practices manuals.
Qualified Candidates For Avionics Technician Position Will Have The Following Education/Experience:
• An A&P License is required.
• 3 years of experience as an Aviation Avionics Technician is required.
• 6 of 24 months of recent experience as an Aviation Avionics Technician is required.
• A&P and Flight Line experience is required.
• MD-80 and/or 757 experience is required.
Keywords: Avionics Technician, Radio Electrical Technician, Avionics Mechanic, Radio and Electrical Mechanic, Aircraft, Wiring, MRO, Maintenance Facility, Aircraft Mechanic, C&D checks, Airplane Mechanic, Aviation, Electrical
- English (United States)