Food Service Worker
We have a part-time opening for a Food Service Worker.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Cafe Production Cook (Cold Prep/Hot Prep)
Purpose for the Position:
To actively participate in the preparation and service of menued items in the restaurant.
1. Review menu and production sheets to determine the type and quantity of menu items to be prepared.
2. Wash, peel, slice and generally prepare ingredients as identified by recipe.
3. Cut, trim, bone, carve and generally prepare meats, poultry and fish as identified by recipe.
4. Measure, mix, portion and generally prepare ingredients as identified by recipe.
5. Cook and otherwise prepare menu selections according to recipes per assigned venue.
6. Portion and arrange on service platters daily menu selections.
7. Prepare “to order” guest menu selections.
8. Comply with ARAMARK and local health department Standards of Operation for food handling and storage.
9. Perform “other” job-related duties as assigned by management, which achieve the established goals of ARAMARK and the client.
1. Review the day’s menu and determine required production needs.
2. Prepare daily menu selections according to assigned venue and recipes.
3. Prepare venue station for service period to include service and merchandizing plan.
4. Attend “pre-service” meeting.
5. Prepare and serve “to order” guest menu selections during service period.
6. Maintain and replenish “self serve” service points.
7. Secure venue service point at end of service period. Wrap, label, date and properly store all food ingredients in accordance to safe food handling techniques, practices and guidelines.
8. Complete food requisition, production and temperature log forms. Submit forms to Production Lead.
9. Clean and sanitize all work and service areas and equipment.
10. Review next day’s menu and coordinate product status requirements for production.
11. Confirm with Lead Cook prior to departure, production and day end closing requirements.
To do this Kind of work, you must be able to:
1. Skillfully use hand tools or equipment needed for your work.
2. Read directions for the items to be prepared.
3. Measure, cut, portion or otherwise work on materials with great precision.
4. Use arithmetic to: figure amounts of product needed and portions to be followed.
5. Picture what the finished product will look like.
6. Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as produced.
7. Communicate menu, ingredient and preparation methods.
1. Dependable and timely attendance record.
2. Performance consistent with education or experience.
3. Ability to cope with varied and fast paced activities.
4. Ability to build relationships with guests & coworkers.
5. Meet sanitation, food handling, and quality & presentation standards.
6. Willing accept change, new procedures & constructive comments.
7. Compliance with ARAMARK & Client guidelines & procedures.
8. Exhibit and practice the highest level of Guest Service Skills.
9. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and meet production and service time schedules.
10. Demonstration of consistent professionalism in the execution of daily assignments.
1. Lifting 50lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.