|Company||PS Food Mart|
|Job Title||Sales Associates/Clerk|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Wages||Starting at $7.65 an hour|
st#1036 - 420 E. Grand River
Williamston, MI 48895
This position is responsible for providing the highest quality service to customers in their store. Every full or part-time sales associate is responsible for the proper and efficient operation of their shift, within company policy, in such a manner as to ensure that the shift contributes to the increased profitability of the store and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Gives all customers prompt and courteous service.
- Observes shift operating hours at all times, as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Maintain store appearance.
- Performs daily tasks to assist the Store Manager in security, merchandising, and stocking, inventory control, vendor control and all other duties associated with profitability of the store.
- Adheres to all tobacco and alcohol policies.
- Follows the work schedule as posted, unless a change in schedule is arranged with Store Manager.
- Stays familiar with the Employee Manual and bulletins.
- Ensures Store Manager is made aware of all sales, cash, or operating discrepancies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Cooperate and maintain open communications with all home office departments and with other store units.
- Develop and maintain a positive, professional culture in the store that promotes teamwork and satisfaction among the employees.
- Advise Store Manager of any personnel situations or policy violations have an adverse effect on store operation performance.
- Ability to make basic mathematical calculations in order to run the register, count receipts and complete daily and monthly reports.
- Ability to make change, complete shift reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in.
- Rings all sales.
- Accurately posts markups and markdowns, store use of merchandise, voids, and bad merchandise write-off.
- Shares the responsibility for controlling the inventory on the shift or in the store; protects company assets at all times.
- Follows correct vendor check-in procedure.
- Keeps coolers, store shelves and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
- Properly cleans and maintains equipment and readies high-margin products.
- Uses correct pricing for all merchandise.
- Use plus-selling techniques.
- Keeps store floors clean at all times; checks refrigeration equipment for proper performance; cleans windows, floors, shelving, counters and gas pumps to ensure they remain clean at all times.
- Valid Driver’s License
Education and/or Experience Required:
- High School Diploma, GED or if under 18 years-old, actively enrolled in an educational program.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate professional manner and pleasant attitude on a consistent basis.
- Must be able to perform all the tasks of the clerk position and work in the best interests and follow the rules set by the company and Store Manager.
- Must exercise good judgment in bringing matters of importance to the attention of the Store Manager.
- Possess a positive attitude and be willing to support company policies and procedures.
- Have the ability and willingness to learn how to operate company hardware and software packages efficiently.
**PLEASE NOTE: This location may or may not be hiring at this time. PS Food Mart posts store-level hourly positions and Manager Trainee positions year round to ensure that they are able to quickly identify and select the most qualified applicant(s) once a position becomes available. If you apply for this position and it is not open at this time, PS Food Mart will maintain your application in their files for consideration as opportunities arise. Due to a large volume of applications, a representative from PS Food Mart will contact you only if they are interested in pursuing you as an applicant.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old