|Job Title||Assistant Shop Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Wages||To be discussed|
Columbia, SC 29205
Assistant Shop Manager - Automotive
Further your career by joining a leader in the automotive services industry ...Midas.
Midas is one of the world's largest providers of automotive service, including exhaust, brakes, steering, suspension, and maintenance services. There are more than 1,800 franchised and company-owned Midas locations in the United States and Canada.
Our Assistant Shop Managers are expert auto repair technicians with ASE certification. Use your ASE Certifications and years of experience to diagnose and provide quality vehicle repair services in a time and cost effective manner. Assist the Shop Manager in all aspects of shop operations and improving sales results through the satisfaction and retention of customers. Promotes the Midas name and services, analyzes vehicle service needs and effectively communicates those needs to the customer; and ensures that quality services are performed on the vehicle in a timely yet thorough manner. Provides assistance in the management of the operation of the shop in areas such as inventory management, human resource management (including shop safety), adherence to environmental requirements, supporting promotional programs, and otherwise aiding in the financial and operational success of the facility, operates vehicles safely and responsibly and ensures the shop maintains a high professional image.
- Superior ability to positively relate and communicate with customers, including outstanding telephone skills.
- Mathematical skills are necessary for creation of estimates and billing.
- Ability to diagnose and inspect vehicles to make fair and honest recommendations to customers of needed repairs and potential problem areas.
- Prior responsibilities of leading, motivating and counseling employees under his/her direction on issues such as safety, quality, and policy and procedure administration/implementation.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations applicable to vehicle repair facilities.
- Experience in controlling expenses through appropriate inventory and human resource management.
- Experience in preventive maintenance to keep facility equipment in safe and effective operating condition is a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Midas is a drug-free workplace
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old