|Job Title||Freight Associate|
|Hours||Less than 20 hours/week|
|Wages||To be discussed|
1154 Brickyard Rd
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
At Kohl’s, we encourage our Associates to take control of their own success. Working at Kohl’s requires energy, commitment and a competitive spirit. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment filled with challenges and opportunities. You will be able to try new things, set goals and build a career that fits your expectations — and have some fun along the way!
Kohl’s is currently hiring Freight Associates!
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for unloading, processing and stocking all incoming freight to the sales floor and stockroom areas
- Processes and prepares receipts of fixtures and supplies
- Replenishes merchandise to the sales floor from the stockroom
- Assists in processing incoming/outgoing transfers and returns to vendor
- Preps merchandise for the merchandising process by ensuring merchandise is sorted and staged appropriately. Removes merchandise from cartons and packaging, places merchandise on proper hanger, verifies price ticket information and tickets merchandise as required
- Maintains all Company stockroom capacity and organizational guidelines, including recovering the dock at the end of each shift
- Performs other duties such as assisting on the sales floor, completing price changes, assisting with housekeeping duties, preparing for and taking inventory, organizing the stockroom and other tasks as assigned
- Prior experience in merchandise receiving, handling and stocking in other retail or warehouse/distribution environments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time moving about the receiving area, stock areas, and sales floor. Physical activities include using hand tools, bending, stooping, climbing, and reaching.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
Click “Apply Now” to begin your application process today!
- Minimum Age
- 17+ years old
Must be available 5am to Noon.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision for full-time Associates
- Special medical, dental and vision plans for part-time Associates
- Group term life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan, plus a corporate match
- Immediate merchandise discount at all our stores
- Paid holidays
- Child and dependent care flex plan
- Medical flex plan
- Long-term disability plan for full-time Associates
Plus, we offer an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Every year, the company buys shares of Kohl’s stock and contributes them to a trust. That stock is then divided among our eligible Associates, making you — in essence — part owner of Kohl’s Department Stores.
As a store Associate, you’ll also become eligible for our Associate of the Month program which recognizes one outstanding Associate in every store each month. You’ll also become part of the Kohl’s store camaraderie: our store Associates usually plan at least one fun activity every month.
These are just some of the rewards you’ll realize as a Kohl’s Store Associate!