|Job Title||Home Health Aide|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
29 Plantation Park Drive, Ste 105
Bluffton, SC 29910
Home Health Aide
As a caregiver, you make an incredible impact on the lives of others. As a BrightStar employee, you have the opportunity to experience a more rewarding career. Let us show you how we can make more possible so you can too.
Home Health Aide
The home health aide provides services that are ordered by the physician in the plan of care. The duties of a home health aide include the provision of hands-on personal care, performance of simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services, assistance in ambulation or exercises, and assistance in administering medications that are ordinarily self-administered.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides personal care to the client
- Assists the client with transfers and/or ambulation.
- Turns and positions clients who are bedbound.
- Assists with Range of Motion (ROM) appropriate for the client.
- Assists clients with meals.
- Assists clients with toileting: bedroom, bedpan, urinal.
- Assists clients with medications which are self-administered.
- Changes simple non-sterile dressings or external bags per State and Federal Regulations.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Certified by the State Department of Health and is listed on the Home Health Aide registry.
- Good standing with the State Nurse Aide registry as a Certified Home Health Aide.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required.
- Certified in CPR
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
- No Criminal History
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with the organizations requirements.
- Ability to express spoken and/or written ideas in English
- Must have reliable transportation
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old