|Job Title||Home Health Aide|
Monmouth & Middlesex Counties
Englishtown, NJ 07726
Home Health Aide
URGENT NEED for:
Live-in Caregiver - Certified Home Health Aides with experience only (CHHA in NJ)
Need Caregivers with experience ONLY for Live-in for weekends.
FirstLight HomeCare is a company built on the strength of its people. We look for individuals with a passion for excellence, who will help make us better and who will bring our clients exceptional care and compassion every day.
A FirstLight HomeCare Home Health Aide (HHA) is a paraprofessional individual certified by the state and specifically trained and competent to perform assigned functions of personal care to a client in his/her residence.
An applicant for the position of FirstLight HomeCare Home Health Aide will need to meet the following basic qualifications:
- The applicant must meet state certification for its Home Health Aide training program and the applicant must have completed FirstLight HomeCare's orientation, non-medical training program, be trained in patient privacy issues and demonstrate basic knowledge and competency in the field of senior care.
- The applicant must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
- The applicant must have the ability to carry out directions, and to read and write.
- The applicant must demonstrate maturity, professionalism and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- The applicant must be state-licensed (where required) and submit to a complete background-check, including a check of criminal and driving records along with finger printing and substance testing where required.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age and a citizen of the United States.
- Understands and adheres to established FirstLight HomeCare policies and procedures.
- Performs personal care as assigned.
- Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner as per FirstLight HomeCare policy.
- Reports changes in the client's condition and needs to the appropriate supervisor.
- Performs household services essential to health care in the home as assigned.
- Ambulates and exercises the client as assigned.
- Performs simple procedures as trained, e.g., range of motion (ROM) exercises as assigned.
- Assists with self–administered medications as assigned.
- Attends in-service and continuing education programs as scheduled and necessary.
- Attends client care conferences as scheduled.
A FirstLight HomeCare Home Health Aide works both indoors in the agency office and in the field with clients and referral sources.
- Supervised by: Care Coordinator
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old