|Job Title||Production Manager|
|Location||Reading, PA 19610|
3-5 years production management experience, working on the plant floor interacting with all levels of management and employees.
- Manufacturing processes
- Production & Inventory Control processes
- Pay systems for employees & management
- Costing systems for product
- Improvement processes such as Lean Manufacturing
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with computer software including Microsoft Office, Production & Inventory Control Systems, Internet, & AS400
- Proven ability to manage 600to 1000+ employees and management on multiple shifts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detailed problem solving & decision making skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Manage staff to maintain and improve the daily, weekly, and monthly percentage of production scheduled to completion
- Manage Upholstery staff’s weekly production to ensure manufacturing disciplines are maintained as they pertain to the five inputs of people, machines, methods, materials, and environment
- Maintain and improve the measurements of the Gross Margin Statement by implementing production related improvements to meet gross margin statement goals. Communicate with Finance on a monthly basis to discuss measures and to continue formalizing improvement goals
- Lead efforts to produce new products on time and to meet the margins on all products
- Lead efforts to improve employee productivity measurements
- Ensure adequate staffing to meet production needs by working with Staffing & Recruiting on maintaining accurate employee headcount, scheduling employee work schedules, and approving/denying time off requests.
Travel for the training is needed.
- English (United States)